Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12243 04/17/04 03:16 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
With all the terrorism throughout the world, I thought that wouldn't it be special if there was a Lois and Clark/Superman around when 9/11 occurred?

In January, 2002, there was a benefit for the families of the victims of 9/11 which was held in Stamford, CT. I had the opportunity to play the piano in the swing band that was chosen to perform at it. At that time, some of the Special Olympic winners gave their medalions to some of the families of the victims of 9/11. It was a special, moving moment.

Last July, 2003,I peered thru the fence that surrounds Ground Zero, when I took a bus trip to NYC. To view the enormous area where the Twin Towers once stood, and to see the names of the victims posted...it's similar to the Viet Nam Wall Memorial in Washington, D.C. It's an emotional, unnerving experience.

The world has changed since 9/11. How I wish there was a real Superman and Lois Lane, but everyday people like the brave occupants of the plane that crash-landed in Pennsylvania are true super-heroes as well.

I will be wrapping this part of the saga up by Chapter Sixteen, ....however......I will be posting a sequel. I felt a change of name would be in order, to detail Lois and Clark's life back in Metropolis. Don't groan...but it will be titled:

"Concrete Jungle Love".

Coming to a bulletin board near you soon!

Comments, speculation...all are welcome.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh Oh<g. Imagine having a husband that could read your mind! That would be...BAD, Very Bad! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Blogger
Blogger
Great and moving chapter. smile

I love the way Clark realized he had gotten his powers back. I have thoroughly enjoyed this story and look forward to reading the sequel. clap clap

'Irony is so ironic...'
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part smile1

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Didn't get a chance to comment on 13 when this part came out.

Things keep chugging along well and at a breakneck pace. here. I keep waiting for a real wham or at least a complication, but your Lois and Clark are so 'on top of things' that they keep solving the problems before they can even become a nuisance wink

A couple instalments left... wonder if there will be any discord in this happy ever after?

Tank (who is still looking forward to the much anticipated, and very much needed haircut)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Tank.....a spoiler for you....the haircut is coming in Chapter 15! HA HA. And you might recognize the name of the hair stylist!!

And, don't you worry......there is going to be a sequel for a reason...hee hee.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris, Another GREAT part smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very interesting and intriguing. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

A great part! goofy

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading the next part. smile

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Wonder what are you going to tell us in the two installments....

post soon!

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard