Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChaaBreh Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/17/04 07:16 PM
With all the terrorism throughout the world, I thought that wouldn't it be special if there was a Lois and Clark/Superman around when 9/11 occurred?

In January, 2002, there was a benefit for the families of the victims of 9/11 which was held in Stamford, CT. I had the opportunity to play the piano in the swing band that was chosen to perform at it. At that time, some of the Special Olympic winners gave their medalions to some of the families of the victims of 9/11. It was a special, moving moment.

Last July, 2003,I peered thru the fence that surrounds Ground Zero, when I took a bus trip to NYC. To view the enormous area where the Twin Towers once stood, and to see the names of the victims posted...it's similar to the Viet Nam Wall Memorial in Washington, D.C. It's an emotional, unnerving experience.

The world has changed since 9/11. How I wish there was a real Superman and Lois Lane, but everyday people like the brave occupants of the plane that crash-landed in Pennsylvania are true super-heroes as well.

I will be wrapping this part of the saga up by Chapter Sixteen, ....however......I will be posting a sequel. I felt a change of name would be in order, to detail Lois and Clark's life back in Metropolis. Don't groan...but it will be titled:

"Concrete Jungle Love".

Coming to a bulletin board near you soon!

Comments, speculation...all are welcome.
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/17/04 07:39 PM
Hi,

Great part. smile1
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/17/04 07:55 PM
Uh Oh<g. Imagine having a husband that could read your mind! That would be...BAD, Very Bad! Laura
Posted By: Namaste Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 12:43 AM
Great and moving chapter. smile

I love the way Clark realized he had gotten his powers back. I have thoroughly enjoyed this story and look forward to reading the sequel. clap clap
Posted By: kb Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 05:48 AM
Great part smile1
Posted By: Tank Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 09:41 AM
Didn't get a chance to comment on 13 when this part came out.

Things keep chugging along well and at a breakneck pace. here. I keep waiting for a real wham or at least a complication, but your Lois and Clark are so 'on top of things' that they keep solving the problems before they can even become a nuisance wink

A couple instalments left... wonder if there will be any discord in this happy ever after?

Tank (who is still looking forward to the much anticipated, and very much needed haircut)
Posted By: ChaaBreh Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 10:32 AM
Tank.....a spoiler for you....the haircut is coming in Chapter 15! HA HA. And you might recognize the name of the hair stylist!!

And, don't you worry......there is going to be a sequel for a reason...hee hee.
Posted By: RetroRose Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 10:41 AM
Chris, Another GREAT part smile1 )
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 08:07 PM
Very interesting and intriguing. smile1
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/18/04 09:31 PM
Chris

A great part! goofy

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading the next part. smile

Tricia cool
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments - Jungle Love 14/16 - 04/19/04 09:55 AM
Wonder what are you going to tell us in the two installments....

post soon!

Jose smile1
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards