Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#100071 04/09/14 08:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

My apologies for the late posting. For the foreseeable future, at least, it seems as if Wednesday is a more quiet night on which to post. As I mentioned when I posted my note last night, I am back down to a 5 part cushion. I cannot allow myself to post if I drop any further behind. I need that cushion to make sure any major errors in timeline and scene organization can be fixed prior to posting. I do have the following scenes mapped out in OneNote and not just in my head. laugh Thank you, KatherineKent, for the recommendation and the procrastination device. I hope the next parts will roll out quickly (or at least once per week as RL allows), so that I don't have make any more delayed postings.

For those of you who are scientifically minded, and recognized the ".fits" filename extension to the other document on the Nightfall Virus disk, and are familiar with this program, I hope its use here doesn't seem out of place. I stumbled across this during my research and it seemed to fit (no pun intended) with the information Prof. Daitch may have given to Lois, along with the copy of the file supposedly sent to him by his friend in England. If FITS wouldn't have been used in this way (in describing or imagining something in space), please let me know and I shall remove it.

Also, I know that "grunge" is usually assigned to bands out of Seattle, not Metropolis, but Jimbo uses the term here more to describe a style of music rather than a location.

EDIT: I know I jump forward a bit in the timeline over these last few parts, but I want to move along quickly instead of hang out any longer in the quagmire that is this investigation. laugh

That's the end of tonight blathering, please post any comments here. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/27/14 08:14 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
What was it about her that attracted liars? Was she so intimidating that all men felt the need to compensate by lying to her?
It is a curious thought. I know many (not all) of the other versions of Lois have a father that is in the military having (ultimately) good secrets that need to be kept. This version doesn't have that (strongly) part of his makeup. Yes they retconned the military into her history in Season 2 but that version never seemed jive with the humorous actions of the character from that season forward. He didn't really seem a military type to me. I might have bought the Season 1 version being former military (especially with his implant tech, it would have been an ideal match with the military replacing a vets arms and legs if amputated) but not the Season 2+ one.

Okay, she understood the reasoning behind Clark’s lies… well, the reasoning his deluded mind thought was logical. He hadn’t been able to trust her. Firstly, she had been enamored with his Super side, while rejecting the so-called human side he had created so that they could date in safety.
Still haven't explained the different universes thing, have you, Clark?

Alt-Clark: I plead the fifth.

Clearly, Clark was just stubborn enough to insist that she love him for Clark, even though he was Superman. Then, again, Lois didn’t know what he had been like on Krypton. His true personality did seem to fit better with his folksy human persona than with his stiff hero side. The former being harder to fake.
*Clark with his tongue in cheek* Alt-Clark: Amber waves of grain, and a small-tightly knit community where everyone knew everyone's name and nearly everything else about each other. Not to mention a mom who loves her apple pie and a father who needed help on the tractor from time to time. It was so close to living in Smallville, Kansas that I had to build it into my back-history as Clark.

The Kents were strangers even to Clark and she speculated again, why they had bonded, despite him stealing their son’s identity. Perhaps it was because of it. “If I wanted to be ‘safely tucked away’ somewhere, I wouldn’t be an investigative journalist, now would I, Chuck?” she asked.
Not exactly. It's one of those cases where she doesn't even have a CLUE. If she even suspected there was SUCH a thing as different dimensions I wonder if she'd believe that he might be from it. Then again, the idea of a flying man is implausible enough.

Clark closed his eyes as he winced in emotional pain. “In that other dimension, you know the one where the Lois and Clark actually are together, before they were married, Lois almost married Lex Luthor.” If that wasn’t a major wrong signal from her gut, he didn’t know what was.
That is sadly true. I don't know of many other instances where that's the case, but it is true.

Clark shook his head. “That’s just it, Mom. We don’t know if what Luthor told Lois about his childhood is true. Perry and I have been checking records, but since we haven’t been able to find a birth certificate on the man, let alone any record of Lex Luthor before 1962, we can’t verify any of it. All five of his unofficial biographies list his childhood in the same vague manner: orphaned before he was a teenager and a self-made man. None of them list his parents’ names nor where he grew up, nor even if he had been a ward of the state as I had been.” He scoffed. “He has even less of a history than I do, and he’s from this dimension.”
Hmmmm... I almost get the feeling that Luthor's father killed his mother (like he said) but that HE was the killer of his father. After that he went on the run and never, EVER looked back.

Clark held up his hand. “Since Luthor existed in that other dimension I visited as well, let’s not even try to go there and just stay in the realm of the known.
Did he exist in your own dimension, Clark? Maybe you can get some hints from the differences there about his history.

Quite honestly, I don't know when Clark and Lois had all that much downtime prior to Ordinary People to really talk. I can't imagine these two lasting that long on that talk.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts. smile1
What was it about her that attracted liars? Was she so intimidating that all men felt the need to compensate by lying to her?
It is a curious thought. I know many (not all) of the other versions of Lois have a father that is in the military having (ultimately) good secrets that need to be kept. This version doesn't have that (strongly) part of his makeup. Yes they retconned the military into her history in Season 2 but that version never seemed jive with the humorous actions of the character from that season forward. He didn't really seem a military type to me. I might have bought the Season 1 version being former military (especially with his implant tech, it would have been an ideal match with the military replacing a vets arms and legs if amputated) but not the Season 2+ one.
I'm a little lost on where LnC canon showed that Sam Lane had been in the military in S2. We were introduced to Sam's brother "Mike" who had been in the military. And we were introduced to the fact that Jack Olsen had been in the military (we then learn in S3, he went from there to the NIA). And that Lois's friend, Molly Flynn had a boyfriend in the military. I agree that if they had introduced a military aspect to Sam's career in S1, it would have been a logical transition into helping wounded vets with cyborgisation. Perhaps it would have stopped them from making S4's Sam Lane so eccentric.

Back in Part 15, I explained Alt-Lois's background, which, although it contained a military upbringing, is still different from Lois's standard comic / Smallville (or even LnC) canon norm:
From Part 15:
The Dr. and Mrs. Lane of his dimension had traveled with their daughter Lois with a Red Cross medical group giving vaccinations and medical care to refugees and war victims around the world. Ellen Lane and the baby had died in childbirth somewhere in the backwaters of South America when Lois had been about four. A year later, when it was time to go to school, his Lois had been dumped with her Uncle Mike’s family at some Naval base somewhere. Lois had grown up on different military bases from North Carolina to Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines, to Somalia and the Middle East – a new school on a new base every year or two. Basically an orphan – though her father was still alive – Lois was an outsider stuck in this strict naval family of boys. She had learned her dislike of following rules, her distrust of the official story, and her mean left hook during those years, according to Perry.
The baby mentioned, of course, would have been Lucy.

Still haven't explained the different universes thing, have you, Clark?

Alt-Clark: I plead the fifth.
Well, he *did* mention it, but he was pretending as if he were joking at the time. wink

*Clark with his tongue in cheek* Alt-Clark: Amber waves of grain, and a small-tightly knit community where everyone knew everyone's name and nearly everything else about each other. Not to mention a mom who loves her apple pie and a father who needed help on the tractor from time to time. It was so close to living in Smallville, Kansas that I had to build it into my back-history as Clark.
In the animated series Justice League's (or UJL) version of "For the Man Who Has Everything" they showed Kal and his family living in a house surrounded by grain fields on Krypton, which was very reminiscent of a farm in Kansas, so it's not that big of a stretch to believe that. wink

Not exactly. It's one of those cases where she doesn't even have a CLUE. If she even suspected there was SUCH a thing as different dimensions I wonder if she'd believe that he might be from it. Then again, the idea of a flying man is implausible enough.
Okay, so maybe she hasn't given up on her blinders quite yet, but who's fault is that?

LOIS: Not mine!

CLARK: grumble Is it ever?

That is sadly true. I don't know of many other instances where that's the case, but it is true.
Lois's gut also told her to push Clark away and chase after Superman, and to date Dan, despite having started a relationship with Clark. In Lois's private life, her gut is often more wrong than right.

Hmmmm... I almost get the feeling that Luthor's father killed his mother (like he said) but that HE was the killer of his father. After that he went on the run and never, EVER looked back.
cool Could be...

Did he exist in your own dimension, Clark? Maybe you can get some hints from the differences there about his history.
In Alt-dimension, naming a building or business after a living person is illegal, so even if Lex Luthor existed (with that name) and he was basically the same man he is in canon dimension, it's possible that Clark had never heard of him. In fact, he hadn't heard of Lex Luthor until he visited other dimensions and didn't know he was bad news until coming to this dimension. (Since LexComm Telephone was still alive and well in "Lois & Clarks" I'm guessing he was familiar with Lex Luthor because of Lex's propensity for naming things after himself.)

Quite honestly, I don't know when Clark and Lois had all that much downtime prior to Ordinary People to really talk.
And when they DO try to talk, Clark thinks she's saying one thing (I'd like Chocolate from Switzerland) instead of sitting there listening to what she's actually saying. I don't think until they're camping and roasting bananas do they actually have down time to talk.

I can't imagine these two lasting that long on that talk.
Oh, dear. Christina, you don't believe this omission is one Lois would ever forgive him for? Even though they haven't really had time to have a real discussion since she learned CK=SM?

CLARK: /nervously starts to bite his fingernails to the quick/

LOIS: Well, *that* decides it!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I went back to the scripts to find out where I thought I saw "military family" mentioned and the only script I could think of was "Target: Jimmy Olsen." I realized that I scanned for "Sam" and couldn't find it. Turns out that JIMMY is the one with the military base background. Don't know if his father was military at the time but that would mesh well with his father being NIA.

IOW, no, this Lois doesn't have a known military family background.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In Alt-dimension, naming a building or business after a living person is illegal, so even if Lex Luthor existed (with that name) and he was basically the same man he is in canon dimension, it's possible that Clark had never heard of him.
Or when Tempus jumped universes he decided to eliminate the competition, so to speak, and destroyed Luthor before he was particularly well known.

Or hey, maybe Luthor actually managed to be a good guy for a change and was off helping orphans in Africa or something!

laugh Naw.

Wondering how Clark and Lois will arrange their evening chats now. I guess they could come up with something else, but losing the cannolis will be such a tragedy!!!

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
For those of you who are scientifically minded, and recognized the ".fits" filename extension to the other document on the Nightfall Virus disk, and are familiar with this program, I hope its use here doesn't seem out of place. I stumbled across this during my research and it seemed to fit (no pun intended) with the information Prof. Daitch may have given to Lois, along with the copy of the file supposedly sent to him by his friend in England. If FITS wouldn't have been used in this way (in describing or imagining something in space), please let me know and I shall remove it.
As I was reading, I was pleased and surprised to see you stick a .fits file on the disk. When I was in college, I took images of variable stars in the .fits format, and I used a program to analyze those images to get data to study the stars' light curves. It's completely reasonable that there would be an image of the asteroid in that format along with the data.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Colleen: Thanks for reading. laugh
Or when Tempus jumped universes he decided to eliminate the competition, so to speak, and destroyed Luthor before he was particularly well known.
cool possibly.

Or hey, maybe Luthor actually managed to be a good guy for a change and was off helping orphans in Africa or something!
[Linked Image] Well, he may have gone to Africa... Um... Define "helping" again.

… /laugh/ Naw.
I'm going to have to agree with you. Lex as a good guy sounds like quite a boring character.

Wondering how Clark and Lois will arrange their evening chats now. I guess they could come up with something else, but losing the cannolis will be such a tragedy!!!
While I've been quite subtle about it, weeks and weeks are passing by. Herb visited in early-mid May. The Wedding is supposed to happen in mid-June (the 18th by by notes). I'm sure that if Lois and Clark want to meet, they'll figure out a way to do it. Don't forget, she still has that cell phone. They're also meeting on Sundays to do her laundry.

Thanks for your comments.

mrsMxyzptlk: Oooooh. Another comment. goofy Glad to pleasantly surprise a scientist!

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only person Lois could see stealing the only known physical copy of the virus, outside of EPRAD, was the one man who had told her that Nightfall Major wouldn’t have hit Earth had Superman just left it alone. The very same man who had hired someone to break into her apartment and plant surveillance devices, so that he could spy on her.
Kyle Griffin?

She had always suspected that Lex had something to do with the Nightfall Virus, but to this day, she couldn’t understand why he would want to create worldwide panic unless there was profit in it for him.
JACK NAPIER: You need a reason for it?

She knew Lex could be eccentric, but nobody was that eccentric.
She does know that he hunts women for sport, right?
LEX: At least I don’t flay them! /hides Game of Thrones mint edition underneath pillow/

CLARK: [Linked Image]

True, Lex, Claude, and Paul had all lied to her because they were out for numero uno.
Plus, get her into bed.

He had taken Linda and Lois’s story and dropped her like a hot potato, because she wouldn’t put out after two dates.
Hellooo! Three-date-rule!
PAUL: Helloooo! Co-ed!

Did Lex lie to her just to save himself from heartache when she left him for being a horrible man and a criminal?
No, Lex doesn’t know that he’s a horrible man and a criminal, so that can’t be it.

Not because he was in love with her, but because he, somehow, knew how Superman felt about her and it was the best way to knock her off her game?
LEX: Nah, I just like to go where all Kryptonians want to go.

Lex knew that he couldn’t win in a fair race against Superman — what man could?
[Linked Image]

Could Lex have created his underground lair and the Nightfall Virus just to capture Lois?
She *is* a bit full of herself, isn’t she?
LEX: I think it’s adorable.

If he wanted to trap her underground, he could have locked the door while she was there and nobody would have been the wiser.
LEX: Booooriiiing!

Although, truth be told, she didn’t know why Clark had left Krypton.
Problems with the ozone layer or some such thing. Plus, his father found out that his mother had been deedling with all the household guards in the months before her pregnancy, so his arrival was highly suspect. Nor-El, well… he turned out much better after Jor-El locked Lara up in a tower and they made a second baby.

It could have had more to do with leaving his ex-fiancée than being with Lois.
No, Clark actually switched universes to get away from that nutjob.

Clark hadn’t known that the only reason Lois had kept Lex around was to use him… first to make Superman jealous, second as a source, and third because Clark kept telling her to keep her distance from him.
I don’t know. I think Clark fell for just another Lana, there. He’d be so much better off dating that blonde A.D.A.

Clark would have no motives left to distrust her.
So, what you’re saying is that Clark should happily trust a woman, who’s doublecrossing her present fiancé because of some perceived wrong he allegedly did to her and which she has never even mentioned to said fiancé before starting to screw him out of his livelihood and social standing?

There was still a part of her that wondered what would be the next thing to send Clark bolting for the door to leave their relationship.
[Linked Image]

With another couple of clicks, she ejected the new diskette from her computer. Her heart was racing. They had him. All they needed to do now was somehow tie the virus to Lex.
Maybe she could stuff the diskette into his desk and then call the cops?

“What do you mean ‘you thought’? Jimbo, you practically lived here when you were dating Lucy,” Lois tossed back at him. “Are you bringing me a pizza for any reason in particular?”
Yes, but he’s in college now and likely experimenting with various substances that one can burn and then inhale to affect an altered state of consciousness.

“I got a job delivering pizzas for Carlo’s Restaurante. His last delivery guy quit to play guitar in some grunge band.”
So much for Clark not running for the hills again.

“Good. Good,” Lois replied vaguely. “She’s been hired for a sitcom pilot, but who knows if anyone will pick it up.”
An “I Love Lucy” reboot?

She didn’t know why Lex had made this call, but she suspected that it was because neither of them had friends close enough to ask to do the duty.
Plus, Lex doesn’t want Lois to cavort with male Kryptonian strippers during her bachelorette party.

, in order to hire some woman straight out of law school. Lois had bristled from Lex’s implication that a female lawyer wasn’t qualified, merely because of her gender.
Now, Lois, he said ‘woman’ not ‘chick’ and I’m sure he only disrespected her experience, not her body or her gender.

There had been no breaking Superman story.
Duh! What with the bait sitting at home, stuffing herself with pizza.

She had lost her appetite, even for chocolate.
wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 06/01/14 03:59 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for popping in.
Kyle Griffin?
If only he weren't still in jail.
KYLE: [Linked Image] Sigh. Lost opportunities.

JACK NAPIER: You need a reason for it?
AKA Joker, right? If so, hyper I have a brother? Cool!

It could have had more to do with leaving his ex-fiancée than being with Lois.
No, Clark actually switched universes to get away from that nutjob.
So, it *is* why he left "Krypton". (Lois's definiation of the other universe.)
HERB: From a certain POV.

I don’t know. I think Clark fell for just another Lana, there. He’d be so much better off dating that blonde A.D.A.
MAYSON: clap Does Lucy have a wacky paranoid sister in this one? Actually, that could be a funny show. Where the audience knows her sister isn't nuts, but Lucy and everyone else thinks she is.
LUCY: /ducking behind the couch/ Hide! It's my sister. She thinks her partner is an alien who flies around saving people.

Plus, Lex doesn’t want Lois to cavort with male Kryptonian strippers during her bachelorette party.
Of course! THAT'S why Lex took Lois to see Othello. To keep an eye on her, so she couldn't go out and have fun once last time before marrying a geezer.
OTOH, that would be a fun meet story for Lois and Clark.
Maybe it's happened to Lex before, so he's outlawed a maid-of-honor from every wedding after that.
LEX: What do you mean my fiancee ran off to Vegas with one of the strippers from her batchelorette party?

Now, Lois, he said ‘woman’ not ‘chick’ and I’m sure he only disrespected her experience, not her body or her gender.
By mentioning her sex at all, it implies it. If Jimmy had hired a male lawyer, would Lex have mentioned that the lawyer was male? No. /For example, if you exchange "woman" from that description of "Some woman straight out of law school" statement with a different race, sexual orientation, or body size, the offense becomes more noticeable./

Duh! What with the bait sitting at home, stuffing herself with pizza.
LOIS: I'm not always the bait, otherwise he wouldn't always be ditching me to go save someone else.

She had lost her appetite, even for chocolate.
ER: /passes out from surprise/
Well, Clark is her chocolate substitute, so when he doesn't show up chocolate suddenly doesn't seem so appetizing.

So, Clark’s going to be the reason why she’s still going to be a happy and active camper come her wedding night?
LEX: I’m not sure if I should buy him a watch or watch him getting buried.
You could always do both, Lex.

She licked her lips wondering what he would do if she tried taking off his shirt.
CLARK: [Suddenly, have to run off?]
Which is why it's more fun to explore this way.

CLARK: It’s warm in here. Why is it suddenly so warm in here… /confused/
Cause Lois is a hot babe?

Clark relaxed his hold on her, so that he could look her in the eye. “You think he was killed?”
Accident.
Possibly.

Maybe they all had shaving accidents?
Met Star Headline: "SURGEON GENERAL RECOMMENDS THUGS NOT SHARE SHAVING UTENSILS"

Well…she could gestate the next generation of world leaders?
Being dead?

ER: [not happy on the jumping of this scene] How? When? What?
Ooops. blush Skipped too much? But there were more fun scenes I wanted to get to? Talking about it wasn't enough?

“If this is an invitation to touch your undies, you’re on,” he teased.
Clark!
CLARK: What?! I was talking about washing and folding her laundry. What did you think I meant?
LOIS: clap

So, what about his cathouses? Isn’t scanning those going to be a massive invasion of privacy?
Why would Ellen be there?

LEX: This is adorable on so many levels.
JONATHAN: Keep that sicko away from my wife.

What if one Tempus seeded all the Lexes?
So, wiping Tempus out from the timeline gets rid of Lex too? Hmmmm. Sounds promising.

No idea about fits, but depending on the computer system Lois was using… in MS-DOS, filenames have been limited to 8 characters plus 3 for the extension.
According to Wikepedia the known extensions for FITS are: .fits, .fit , and .fts .

Thanks for you comments. Now, I've got to figure out why my toolbars suddenly went wonky on me and disappeared. /grumble. I knew I shouldn't have downloaded that new Adobe update./

EDIT: Logged off the internet and came back and there they were! Phew.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
but the other she recognized as a spreadsheet file. The spreadsheet file she had given to Jimbo to figure out what was hinky about it.

Yes, she has found the party message. dance that this is easier to put in smiles.

The very spreadsheet file, which Eugene had said was infected with a virus… the Nightfall Virus.

The key to vindicating Clark.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Hi John! wave
Originally Posted by John Lambert
Yes, she has found the party message. dance that this is easier to put in smiles.
Yes, the new smilie drop down menu is nice, isn't it? smile They are limiting our smilies to 15 per post though, and 10 quotes (last I heard).

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark: Part 167
The very spreadsheet file, which Eugene had said was infected with a virus… the Nightfall Virus.
The key to vindicating Clark.
Only time will tell.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think the smily limit was 15 before, so that has not changed.

Lex hadn’t gotten hold of her diskette after all.

party

She had wondered when it had disappeared after the story broke, if it had been stolen.

I feared that as well.

The only person Lois could see stealing the only known physical copy of the virus, outside of EPRAD, was the one man who had told her that Nightfall Major wouldn’t have hit Earth had Superman just left it alone.

Also the person she should most suspect as the maker of the problem.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The very same man who had hired someone to break into her apartment and plant surveillance devices, so that he could spy on her.

I'd love it if Lois figured out he was the one who orchestrated her going to jail.

She had always suspected that Lex had something to do with the Nightfall Virus, but to this day, she couldn’t understand why he would want to create worldwide panic unless there was profit in it for him.

If he can kill SM there is an awful lot of profit.

They didn’t seem to care about collateral damage.

When has Luthor shown he cared how many other people died to advance his plans?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois tapped her lips with her index finger in thought. She could just ask Lex why he built the bunker and hope that he told her the truth.

Luthor will tell the truth never.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dance Ooooh, more!

I think the smily limit was 15 before, so that has not changed.
It was just a friendly reminder. smile

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark, Part 167
She had wondered when it had disappeared after the story broke, if it had been stolen.
Originally Posted by John
I feared that as well.
Good! /checks box/

Also the person she should most suspect as the maker of the problem.
Lex caused the asteroid? Wow!

LEX: You doubted my influence in this universe?

I'd love it if Lois figured out he was the one who orchestrated her going to jail.
That would be a difficult one for her to figure out, since it had been an anonymous tipster.

If he can kill SM there is an awful lot of profit.
LEX: Sounds good to me.

When has Luthor shown he cared how many other people died to advance his plans?
LEX: huh What is this "care" word? I don't understand.

Luthor will tell the truth never.
LEX: So, does that mean that when I tell Chef Andre that I liked the garlic chicken, I'm lying? Why would I do that? It would be almost like lying to spare his feelings and that's inconceivable.

Thanks for your comments, John.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Firstly, because she was the best investigative reporter Metropolis, and possibly the world, had ever seen and the sexist pig thought he could distract her from the foul stench emanating from LexCorp by romancing her.

I'm surprised Lois considers the posibility there has ever been a better investigative reporter.

It would explain the Kryptonite jewelry, the bugs in her apartment, and even possibly the underground copy of her apartment he had made for her. Could Lex have created his underground lair and the Nightfall Virus just to capture Lois?

Not likely, since it seems he was working on the lair before he ever took notice of Lois.

Okay, she understood the reasoning behind Clark’s lies… well, the reasoning his deluded mind thought was logical.

Clark really needs to tell her what is actually happening.

He hadn’t been able to trust her. Firstly, she had been enamored with his Super side, while rejecting the so-called human side he had created so that they could date in safety.

While letting her know that he didn't do it just for her might hurt a little, it would make his actions make more sense. Otherwise his refusal to pretend to date her as CK so she could really date him as SM makes no sense.

She wished Clark believed that now, but she understood why he didn’t.

Even if he does believe it now, she needs actions that show he believes it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Jimbo, what are you doing here? Where’s…?”

Oops, she just exposed Jimbo Olsen.

She only wished that he had warned her somehow.

Such preparations at times are hard for undercover contacts.

Well, Lois did, but not a wedding where Lex was the groom.

I think that would flow better as "but not for a".

Last edited by John Lambert; 05/10/14 09:18 PM.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I understand,” Jimbo said. “He blames Jimmy and me for the Daily Planet…”

As if the Planet matters in his overall business.

Privately, Lex had griped to Lois about trying to help Jimmy, only to have him fire the lawyer, the hack lawyer in her and Clark’s opinion,

party she has a joint opinion with Clark.

in order to hire some woman straight out of law school. Lois had bristled from Lex’s implication that a female lawyer wasn’t qualified, merely because of her gender.

Luthor is worse than I thought.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Clark!”

Yes! he is there.

It felt so good to be in Clark’s embrace that she couldn’t move, but she wanted to see his face. She set her hand over his heart and glanced at him. “Octopus?”

party dance party hyper

party

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois chuckled as they settled among the clouds. “Jumpy much? I was only clarifying.”

Oh, I was so hoping the investigation was over.

“Jack! Or ‘Rat’. Whatever! Oh, this is good news, Minha,” Clark said, pulling her into his embrace. “We finally have a lead.”

He used the special name, yeah.

“Then it proves that someone switched out the lunchboxes, and Jimmy will be set free!”

Only if they can prove it's Jimbo's lunchbox.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard