After just a few seconds, the ghost of Lois Lane, Metropolis super reporter, rose up, barging through the tranquillity with a torrent of incensed protests.
My heart just about stopped at this point. I really thought that she was going to flip out and run away.

Spurning her, Lois nestled a little further into Clark's arm.
...Aaaand... sigh of relief. smile

"Clark! Clark!"

Clark's frustrated groan rose from somewhere deep in his chest, and he eased away before springing to his feet.
Here I was afraid that this was Lana, his girlfriend who he wasn't that enthusiastic about and had completely forgotten. I guess Clark wouldn't do that to her, though.

It's interesting to see Clark be so transparent about his feelings and admit how intense they are right off the bat. I guess the sticking point is going to be when he's forced to explain how he can get to Metropolis so quickly. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)