The wedding is off? Eek! Wow--did not see that one coming! Having possible visions of Clark (and Lois) talking to the bride and groom. Curious to see where this is going...

Beautiful part, Corrina--it came across as very intimate. A wonderful morning together--learning about each other, falling for each other. Lovely, lovely WAFF hyper

His compliments had a way of burrowing deep into her heart, as if intent on finding a permanent home. "Has this ever happened to you before?" she asked.

"No." He prodded at a chunk of bread. "You?"

"No!" she said with a gush of emphasis. "No. I didn't expect this. I didn't believe this would ever happen to me. I didn't believe it could happen."

"I wanted to believe," he said. He put his barely touched plate on the floor and stared out into the gloom.
Great-Great-Great! One of my favorite parts. Really enjoyed how falling in love was referred to as 'this' and 'it'...it was very heart-warming. Clark's 'I wanted to believe' at the end--perfect! clap

His eyes closed, his mouth moved forward, and his lips touched hers. His hand followed, curling around her neck with his thumb reaching up to her cheek. His kiss deepened, moving with careful thoroughness that searched out her strands of resistance and brought every speck to panting glorious compliance.

Far too soon, he backed away. His eyes opened, looked up, and met hers.
WAFF blush . The conversation leading up to the kiss--talking about the kiss--it was pretty wonderful, too...

Really enjoying the story--and so excited to read more dance

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~