Thanks for making me laugh, chelo! smile I'm sorry your family had to endure well-cooked breakfasts, but on the other hand, overjoyed you like the story so much! And twice-weekly posting is going to have to be how it is because though my betas are AWESOME and got my second-to-last chapter back to me right away, I am having a hard time finishing the last one -- because there's SO much that needs to go in it. I hope you like them long because...it's going to be an epic. smile

I sure hope Lois & Clark come through it all right in the end, Ultra Woman -- I'll let you know when I get to that ending point! wink

Thanks, KatharineKent! So glad you're enjoying -- and I certainly hope Lois is softening too! Writing our favorite couple arguing is one of the hardest things I've ever written, quite emotionally exhausting!

Umm...yeah, I really wasn't kidding, Virginia. Poor Clark probably wishes I had never watched L&C, because all I've done since is make terrible things happen to him -- it's all because he's my favorite character! My favorite characters always go through the worst things! huh Thanks for verbalizing all the things I was inwardly ranting at Lois while writing these scenes!

Aww, thanks, LMA. I always hope my writing comes off as poetic, instead of as long-winded with tons of run-on sentences and too much character introspection! laugh I am REALLY glad you're enjoying it!

Actually, ColleenMA and Kismatt, I love that you drew that paragraph out. This story kind of started out as me trying to show all the reasons Clark couldn't have told Lois the truth at this stage of the game, but it didn't stay that way for very long. Instead, it pretty much turned into an exploration of Clark and Superman and the line between them and how each of those personas ties defines and limits the other one -- couldn't put all that in the description, though! Writing the parts with the cruise ship and others were hard, but incredibly illuminating, and I'm glad that they came out that way for other readers, too!

Hey, thank you, Artemis!! So glad that that scene came through all right -- I was pretty worried about it. And yes, actually when I went to research cruise ships and read how many people were usually on each one, I couldn't believe it so I lowered the number in the story thinking no one else would believe it either. 5000 sounds like WAYYY too many! And yes, Superman stopped to talk to the rescue boat come to help the life boats that were floundering in the chaos.

I'm always so glad to see your posts, Vicki, and to hear that you don't stop thinking about the story once you're done reading it. smile Some of the lines you pulled were my favorites too -- particularly Clark keeping his feet just slightly off the ground, which seemed to me such a perfect representation of the give-and-pull of their relationship in those early days -- and I'm just so thrilled that anyone likes my writing well enough to remember turns of phrases!

Thanks, John! this story turned into pretty much one of the most up-front emotional things I've ever written! And I, too, hope Lois isn't angry at Clark for very long -- I never like it too much when she's mad at him!

Thank you to everyone who's read and enjoyed, and a special thanks to those who review and let me know what they think of it!