I really am loving this story! I love the pace, the feel of it, how they both know how special this is--how something 'big' is going on btw them....very heart-warming, very beautiful Corrina thumbsup ...he can visit literally whenever you want. No problem.

"Aren't there dozens of local women who would love to go out with you?"
I'm sure there are...definitely sure there are.

She shouldn't have come to Iowa. She should have sent a generous wedding gift and used the corruption story as her alibi.
Love it when fate steps in laugh

He turned away, dejection rising from him like steam, twisting Lois's heart and releasing a droplet of regret. "I would love a cup of coffee," she called softly to his back.
Really enjoyed how he brings her coffee...Clark always likes to bring Lois coffee.

What was it about him that had shaken her barricades with his presence, carved chunks from her resistance with every smile, and melted the icecaps of her heart with the heat smouldering in those striking brown eyes?
Great part...she's definitely feeling everything, too.

"It's the best coffee I've tasted in a long time," she said. "Where did you get it?"

"Just a place I know."
'Just a place I know'....such a great line--yeah, it could be literally from anywhere. Loved! thumbsup

"I don't usually divulge personal information so soon after meeting someone," Clark said. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. Again."

"I don't usually tell people my parents are divorced."
Another great back and forth...that feeling of connection is really setting in, getting to know each other, bit by bit.

"I don't believe in love," she said flatly.
Yeah, I don't see that line holding up, Lois...You also didn't know Clark Kent before today laugh

His head swung. His eyes collided with hers.

And held her there.

Captivated. Entranced.
Magic dance . I really enjoy how you are capturing their immediate attraction/connection throughout the story.

Lois slid her hand across the table, palm up. His hand inched forward. The tips of his fingers landed on the pads of hers.
Awww. A-mazing!

Clark knew he'd been born to love her.

And he did.

From the moment he'd seen her, he'd loved her.

And his life would never be complete without her.
Beautiful! Can not wait to read the next part...and see how this special weekend enfolds for them.

GREAT!
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~