“Not now,” Clark grumbled, refusing to pull his lips away from hers.
JIMMY: hyper

Lois's hand rubbed up and down his sleeve. She stepped back as she suggested, “You’d better go change.”

He glanced towards his front door. “Yes, I’d better. It’s the Chief,” he said,
laugh

“Yeah, I didn’t think it has the presence Detroit does; although, I must admit, Dane is much easier to spell,” Lois replied,
Awww, poor airhead, can’t even spell her name. Reminds me of when the Bundys talked about changing their last name and Kelly was all for ‘Cat’. But shouldn’t the Mayson-outfit be the one with the dumb-blonde?
LOIS: [Linked Image]
MAYSON: mad

“For burning down the Planet. Apparently, they found bomb making materials at his apartment and…” Perry said.
RALPH: I always thought that copy boy was down to no good. Always stalking after ‘em chicks and broads in the dating office.
PERRY: ‘Dating office’?
RALPH: Yeah, ya know, the one where ye store all ‘em telephones and typewriters?

“The arson squad must’ve found something early on.
ARSON CHIEF: Yeah, was tucked to a Benjamin bill…

“It might have something to do with Lex being slicker than a politician’s backside.
Now, why does that sound like the politician had just had an encounter with Nigel after eating too many laxatives?

If I didn’t know better, I’d have guessed he didn’t know that they’re two people.
LEX: Because they make so little money, I thought we just paid two half-time salaries to the same person.

“Inspector Henderson and Dr. Klein have joint custody of it at the moment.
laugh

. “When I left S.T.A.R. Labs, Henderson and Dr. Klein were discussing a method to remove the glued-on dust from the ring without harming the band or diamond.”
Wouldn’t it be fun to put really ground up Kryptonite bits into the food Clark buys at fastfood stands outside the planet? Just little with each meal. Just enough to make his powers flaky and make him feel a bit sick. Like he’s not head enough sleep. Then, over the course of a month, slowly increase the dosage.

As if Lex could never win any competition for her heart over Clark.
Umm… ‘never’?

“He’ll never hear about it from me,” Lois returned, catching a skeptical expression shooting cross Perry’s face.
What if he threatens her? What if he drugs her with sodium amatol? What if he offers her a choice ‘worse than death’ if she won’t spill the truth about Superman?
LOIS: That he’s ten times the man Lex is?

His words were cut off by a yelp by Lois. He threw open the door and rushed as quickly as humanly possible to her side.
laugh

“I fell on purpose,” she exclaimed to his bafflement before pulling her hand free. “At least, now, I look like I was the victim of an attack. Sometimes all one needs is the appearance of weakness to fool one’s enemies.”
I thought she’s already gotten beaten up by Henderson?

“Ow. Ow. Oowww! Well, so much for kissing anyone anytime soon.”

Clark couldn’t stop the smile that came to his lips. He was more than okay with that development.
LEX: On the plus side, she won’t be able to bite down on anything, either.

Any evidence you obtain could be considered entrapment on my part,” Henderson explained.
He talking that it’s like sending a hooker to Lex so he can nail him for solicitation?
HENDERSON: That’s exactly like it!
LOIS: mad

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.