Well, I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

First off, I have to concede that there are some very good dark-Superman stories. However, for most of these, that Superman has a very different background than our Clark/Superman. Once you establish that Superman grew up as a different person, then naturally he could do very bad things. However, I don't see the lack of having a weakness as changing him. Remember that canon Clark grew up and created Superman – and was the quintessential good guy – all the time believing that he had no weakness. By canon, it wasn't until GGGOH that he found that any weakness existed. In Clark, the lack of a weakness didn't lead him to use his powers improperly.

I'm afraid that I'm not a believer in the adage of, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Over the years - as I've watched more and more of my hair turn grey - I've come to believe that just as there are people that seem to have a tendency for bad, there are people that will find a way to do the right thing whatever the circumstances.

I have come to the belief that the idea of power being a corruptive force has more to do with the motivation of the kinds of people that seek power, than it does with the power itself. Too often, those people that seek out power, want that power based on a personal need to control. Naturally a high percentage of those people will not "do the right thing" once they have that power.

The difference with Superman is that he never desired to have power or to compel others. His only desire was to help because his abilities allowed him to make a real difference.

Anyway, as I said at the opening, while I think I understand your concern, it will never be a problem with THIS Superman.

Bob