Originally posted by bobbart:
One more thing about Martha’s behavior, she was also getting customized subliminal messages. I had a whole section were Lex and Dr. M talked about the interacting message programs that Martha and Lois were getting in their bedrooms at night. Martha’s subliminals were to be a proper and deferential servant. That’s why she wore the uniform and why she refused to eat with Lois. I cut that part out because the Lex / Mendenhall scene was already too long and that explanation did little to move the overall story arc forward. I clearly need to consider adding that back in.

Sorry to get so long-winded, but poor Martha doesn't deserve to go to jail. smile

Bob
Instead of adding it back, consider it being one of the points Lois and Clark discuss with Bernie. It would make sense that L&C would have some of the same concerns as Lynn. In discussing the News Story I can see Lois raising that same concerns maybe even the same quote.
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
The line that made me consider Martha to be at least partially culpable was in part 9; specifically,
“No, dear, I was hired to be here. But I've already been told that you aren't here by choice.

Framework4