Hi Corrina,

Thanks for your feedback. I had been starting to fear I wouldn't get any comments on this story. I agree that the premise wasn't nice; hence my holding onto the idea until Queenie made her challenge. I'm glad I had the opportunity to post this story; I had long wanted to explore what might have happened had the asteroid hit and Lex actually proved to be the preserver of mankind. (I somehow can't quite bring myself to use the word 'saviour' in conjunction with him, even in an alt-verse. shock ) The premise has haunted me for a while now. I hope that by writing this piece I can get it out of my mind.

I sort of took sub-challenge one for this fic. ("Lois and/or Clark must be locked out of some place they need to get into.") In this alt-verse, Lois turned down Lex's offer and so was outside the Ark when Nightfall hit. I figure that had she survived, history would never have become so perverted. But since Lex would probably have been predisposed to invite primarily Superman-haters and Lex-toadies into his bunker, the people who lived through the catastrophe would not be at all averse to some serious revisionist history.

I was also thinking that with Lois' rejection, Lex invited Gretchen Kelly to serve as both companion and scientist, hence Alexandra Kelly.

Joy,
Lynn