I'm glad you were able to post after all.
Thanks! Me too! laugh

Poor Clark! Trask is really treating him and the Kents horribly. I don't understand how anyone could work for B39. Why not go to the police? Jenson seems pretty self-serving. He may have finally given Lois the clue she needs, but he still cares more for himself than others.
Simply put - it's no secret that any attempt to go to the police will result in a bullet to the brain. Jenson is going to be looking out for his own continued existance, but he really does care about Clark.

I understand where Perry's coming from making Lois go back to writing. He really is trying to save her job. Clark was kidnapped while on "assignment" so I don't think anyone really has any right to complain about Lois not doing her fair share at work. Wouldn't they want her working that hard to save them, if the situation were reversed? People can be so petty.
True, but how many people really think that way? Instead, it will look more like she's "wasting" her time on a dead-end investigation and not pulling her "fair share" at work. And forget about the higher-ups breathing down Perry's neck. Why keep a reporter on staff who hasn't produced a single sentence in over a month?

Are Lois and Clark just dating at this point or engaged? I thought it was the latter, but I could be confusing this story with Bobbart's (although I don't know why I would because they are so different -- probably because Clark revealed to Lois the truth so early in the story). I was wondering why Lucy didn't know about Lois and Clark. If they were engaged it shouldn't be surprising that Lois loved Clark, so I guess I got that wrong.
Just dating. Clark told her the secret early on for a couple of reasons. He knew he loved her, and felt uncomfortable taking things further without her knowing. Also, in this universe, he doesn't have to compete with Superman for her affection. So he knew she cared for him, not the powers, because she didn't know the powers existed anywhere in the world. And he was just plain tired of hiding from her. He knew he would someday propose to her, and wanted to be sure she could acually love all of him - that she was okay with being with an alien.

What surprised me most about this chapter, besides poor Clark's retched condition, was that Lois agreed to get together with her mother to celebrate Thanksgiving. I cannot believe she felt thankful for anything at this point. I don't understand how she could do either of these things, let alone work with them on the preparation of such a huge meal. I could see her more pushing away her family and tell them if they have something to celebrate then they should do so, but she would instead work on finding Clark and would not celebrate or be thankful for anything until she had his return. Of course, that might have been a bit overdramatic.
Remember, Ellen is a master manipulator. Throw on enough guilt and needling, and I'm sure Lois would bend just to shut her up. wink

I'm sure Clark mentioned Jenson to Lois, and mentioned that Trask was trying to have Clark punish those who mistreated him in the military, I would think those would be good leads for Lois to follow... or is she too distraught to think straight?
Clark told her all about Jenson, Trask, B39. But nothing was helpful in leads in her investigation. Trask Jr. isn't military. He's a faker. And nothing would lead her to think there might be bunkers underground in Metropolis.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon