From this chapter, and your comments on the first one, I'm starting to see how this story may have started out dark, but will lighten up once it gets going. I'm frankly quite excited to see where it will go. smile (Though I agree with Virginia that you have taken Tempus out of irony and into evil with what he did to poor Clark!)

To me, it's clear that in this AU, Lois has escaped her fate in the Congo by disappearing into a native village, away from the city and those who tried to kill her. And she seems quite content to be there, at least from what little we see in this chapter. She has a son and doesn't seem to be a prisoner or feel threatened in any way. So I'm guessing that she fell in love (or at least had a fling) with a man who helped her escape into his village; the question then would be whether she has a husband/boyfriend around, though I'm guessing not based on her son's question about where he'd stay while she was nursing Clark back to health.

At least that will be my theory until you disprove me with future chapters. wink

More, please, as soon as the muse allows. smile

Kathy