Superman is really late in this universe. How is Clark standing all this time in Metropolis not being Superman? Has he been doing periodic secret rescues?
Late, but with good reason (being scared out of his mind). Secret rescues - yes.

Well, he has not fully moved past his newsstand job.
It's his fate to be her coffee boy?

Although I guess now he buys Lois breakfast.
Lois: He better! Girls aren't supposed to pay!

Took him long enough. Some might say "he is ahead of his in-canon schedule". Except in canon he asked her out in the pilot.
Well, to be fair, it really isn't competing with canon. Though it was fun to mess with it - not having Supes around in '93, dating Lois earlier. Fun stuff!

Which makes comparisons to canon unworkable. this makes it over six years since they first met, in canon they were married before they had known each other 6 years. Of course the comparison is more complexed than that.
Exactly! laugh

I think it should be "needed to learn", of course maybe the missing to is a sign of Clark's hesitancy, he is messing up his English.
You're right. My beta and I missed that somehow.

It is good Clark is as confident as he is.
<nods>

This reminds me a lot of their picnic in the 4th of July fireworks story.
Kinda. I knew they paralleled, but the circumstances were so different. One's a date, one isn't. One is Shakespeare, one is fireworks. I think I wrote this one first though.

They are way ahead of canon. They actually ahd their first date, and it ended with a kiss. I am a little scared, things are going almost too good.
<whistles innocently>

Hmm, they may have exceeded the number of in-canon pre-engagement dates.
help

Lois loves Clark. Oh wait, somehow this is not at all surprising.
laugh

He better explain quick, before she decides it is something horrible.
Lois: Oh God. You're a serial killer, aren't you?

Clark: wallbash

That is a lot harder in this universe than in canon. Where does he start? It's not like if he says "Lois, I'm Superman" it will mean anything to her.
Right.

So what has he told her about his life before he was adopted?
Just that he was adopted at 12.

Is this the, build symphathy before the really scary part reveal?
Yes. But more along the "I'm not really sure how to broach the subject so I'm buying myself so time" explaination. wink

Well, at some level Trask did not really think. His plan was just too bizarre to ever work.
Trask: Are you calling me insane? Oh...you are? <shrugs> Okay then. Carry on.

Clark: she doesn't like me after all.
Hehehehe!

Lois is protecting Clark.
Clark: She DOES like me! <happy dance>

Lois, apologizing? Are we sure she isn't a clone?
Funny, how not being mad at him for pretending he's two people changes her reaction. <grin>

That she still remembers and cares about this is a very good sign.
<nods>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon