I'm back for a more in-depth FDK. I see John beat me to it. whinging It took him this long to get an apartment of his own. I guess he wanted to save up his money so if he lost his job he wouldn't be reduced to starving himself again.

How exactly is using his powers when no one can see him, 'cheating'? Is he treating himself like alt-Lana wanted him act? That the powers didn't exist at all? But that wouldn't explain him using them to protect Lois and visit his folks?

Beyond, he could see Lois standing there, a plant of some kind in her arms.
Oh, no! What florist would do that to a plant? Don't they know that she turns homicidal on them?

"No more secrets about where you manage to produce the most delicious foods from."

"No more secrets," Clark agreed, the words sounding like a solemn vow.
Oh, dear. Is he going to tell her he's a virgin?

"I know. But I just...I don't want to lose you, Lois. I can't. You mean everything to me. Everything."
Well, at least, he's not going the needy route.

"That's better. Now then. Clark, I'm in love with you too. I love you."
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Okay, Clark, you can tell her now.

"There are things...about me...that I haven't told you. But it's time I cleared the air. Because I want you to know. I really do. I need you to know. I'm just...really, really scared. These are things that I've been hiding for my entire life, Lois. Because the knowledge...it's dangerous. Not just for me. But for you and my parents, and everyone I've become close with. Even Jimmy and Perry. And I'm so afraid that once you know these things..."

"That...what? I'll use them against you? Clark, you know that's not..." Lois' voice grew a little colder at the perceived accusation. She crossed her arms.
CLARK: No, I'm afraid you'll change your mind about sleeping with me, and I REALLY want to sleep with you because I've been a very paitient man...

LOIS: Huh? Clark, you've lost me.

CLARK: clap

"You? Don't get me wrong, you're in great shape and all, but just how did he think you were going to accomplish this?"
CLARK: Well, I am now. You should have seen me before I turned twelve! I was really built then.

"Powers? Clark, get real. This isn't some C-grade sci-fi flick. This is real life."
I'm surprised that she jumped to sci-fi with this vague description. I would have thought she'd go to "magic".

LOIS: Oh, so you can produce a quarter out of my ear?

Then he allowed himself to levitate in the air before her, hovering two feet above the floor. His cheeks were scarlet in his embarrassment.
She's going to think that levitating requires physical effort due to the red face.

She worked it a few times, opening and closing her jaw to no avail. No sound would issue forth. Then, after a moment, a scream came from her throat.
As I stated before. A very natural reaction. At least he didn't start with his heat vision.

Clark x-rayed through the wood. "Mrs. DeLeo." He frowned, then took in Lois' bewildered look. "I, uh...x-ray vision," he said, shrugging.
With all of his thought into this, he still hadn't thought enough.

"Oh, that was me," Lois said, coming to Clark's aid before he could respond. "We were...watching a movie. A horror movie. I, uh, got a little spooked, that's all."
Yea! Lois cares for Clark!

adding in his burning desire to help people, but his complete loss as to how to do it without exposing himself to the public.
[Linked Image] Really, Clark, I don't think that's necessary to rescue people.

"Barely," Clark said sheepishly. "I had a bullet or two hit me in the head.
So, I'm guessing he mentioned the invulnerablity.

"Well, that settles that. You are officially the designated take-out getter from here on out."
As there had been any question about that.

If anything, I'm flattered and honored that you chose to entrust me with this information. I just wish I could have helped you shoulder this burden sooner.
CLARK: I needed to tell you. I promised myself I wouldn't sleep with anyone without first telling them my secret.

LOIS: shock You're a virgin?!

CLARK: I didn't quite mean to tell you this way.

LOIS: Alien, I can take, but a man with no experience whatsoever?! I don't know...

Lois grinned. "I love it. Lane and Kent are going to be unstoppable now!"
Chapter 13: Lois become reckless.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.