Kate Eight times is still eek Although I know what you mean - I enjoy re-reading old favourites, too.

DC You make good points. I think Clark would have felt that Lois's presence at the funeral would have been too much like flaunting his new relationship. Remember, before he went, he didn't know how Mayson's family would receive him. In retrospect, it would have been OK to have Lois with him, but he didn't know that when he had to make the decision.

Virginia I think some stories are well suited to the 'a part every few days' format, but others are much better read as a whole. This one definitely fits into the latter category.

I'm glad I was able to convey some understanding for Lois and Mayson. As in the show, Mayson didn't do much wrong, other than liking a guy we all like!! As I said early in the story, her main deficiency was simply that she isn't Lois laugh

Anti-K So glad you enjoyed the ending.

MM Thanks for the comments. I enjoy it when Lois saves Clark (as compared to Superman saving Lois.)

Thanks (somewhat belatedly) to everyone who read and commented. I guess I should do a final edit and get this to the archives.

Corrina.