/squeezes in FDK before bedtime, hopes not to fall asleep on keyboard/ Um, that didn’t come out right, did it?
“Nice to finally meet you, Ms. Lane. I’ve heard such nice things about you,” Dr. Carlin replied in an overly sweet tone.
I’m sure Lex couldn’t stop gushing.

“Ms. Lane, in my experience it’s the people who say that they’re ‘fine’ that need help the most,” interjected Dr. Carlin.
/nods gravely/ Lois is in dire need of a Clark or a Wells.

“Lois, darlin’, I think the world of you, honey, but it isn’t normal to hear voices that no one else can hear,”
“Maybe for you, but I’ve been hearing them all my life.”

“Or to think that the world would be completely different if your boyfriend hadn’t died
Umm…actually…

“I’m sane,” Lois growled. “And they aren’t ‘flashbacks’, they’re memories, and I can’t believe you told her about that!”
Not helping.

“Your boyfriend died?” Dr. Carlin asked, her voice sounding hollow.
Ooooh! She thinks it’s Lex.

“You know I’m not one normally to meddle in the lives of my reporters,
Right.

Who told Dan he should take me to bed?”
clap

Don’t answer that. It’s a trick question. She’s trying to get you admit that you’re hearing voices.
laugh

Why don’t you tell me about Lex?”
Subtle.

Lois’ sour stomach made a lurch and she pulled her knees and feet onto the couch.
Could she redecorate Ex-Luthor’s pantsuit?

Ask her, how she’s on a first name basis with Lex Luthor?

“Did you know Lex?” Lois asked innocently.
laugh

She’s lying.
/slaps Clark/ clap

She seems overly interested in Lex’s dating habits, don’t you think?
Not really. Just wants to know if he’s got any STDs while he was out cavorting.

That’s none of her business, Lois. Let’s keep your relationship with your ex-fiancé out of this.

~Fiancé? What do you mean fiancé, Clark? Ex or otherwise.~
Oops?

The weekend after Mr. Make-Up was arrested, Lois had rushed out and bought a whole slew of sexy nightgowns to wear should Superman ever need to rescue her late at night.
clap You really put a twist on old canon, didn’t you?

How had Superman known that she didn’t love him with all of her heart, like she had told him that she did?
clap

Lois’ eyes bugged. “I dis… disappeared?”

She doesn’t mean literally, Lois, Clark reassured her.
laugh

“Do you think you can actually disappear, Lois?” the psychiatrist asked her.
No. Since that would mean that a younger version of me is presently stuck in the same time as I am, or I’m stuck in the same time as a younger version of me, meaning I travelled into the past, anyhow, that younger Lois would have to be in the process of dying for me to disappear. And that’s not what’s happening to me. Only to my dead boyfriend.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.