There was something decadent about lying in a soft, warm bed during a rainstorm.
I absolutely agree!

The work interlude at the beginning of part 3 was a nice way to build the anticipation of the date. I was like Lois counting down the words until I got to read about it!

Her first coherent thought was gratitude that he didn't come to work dressed this elegant because she'd never get anything done.
Hee!

And he is the sweetest. Though he can float and string Christmas lights at superspeed, he still gets an A for effort.

"No, I can't find my hand mixer. I swear I have one here somewhere." He started looking in the cabinets beneath the countertop, moving pots and pans around with what seemed to be increasing desperation.
Could that be because you usually use your hand to mix it, Superman? Busted! laugh

His expression softened. "You're worth any risk, Lois."
Awh. <melts into a puddle>

"Oh my god," she moaned around the first spoonful. The pudding was practically an out-of-body experience.
I have got to make this stuff!

She could be happy with nothing but pudding and his company.
I love that she includes pudding and not just his company. smile

"We can take this slow," he reassured her. "We don't have to rush into any--."

She didn't give him the chance to finish. She swiftly closed the distance between them and covered his mouth with hers. For a breathless moment, neither of them moved. Then his hand cupped the back of her head , bringing her lips against his in a decisive kiss.
Way to go, Lois, taking the plunge. And good for Clark, taking charge on that second kiss!

Her last functioning brain cell told her that nothing this deliberate could be rushing things.
I love this line.

Thanks for this wonderful Valentine's treat, Sue. You know, St Patty's Day is just around the corner! wink