Geez, ML, what did Lois and Clark ever do to you? The way this story is going, you'd think you hated them as much as Mayson does. wink

Glad to see that Smallville seems to be taking care of their own without too much trouble. I think Martha and Jonathan might be having the easiest time of this of anyone. Private gnashing of teeth notwithstanding, of course.

In fact, things seemed to be looking up until we got to the last little bit about Claude. Add one more to the pile of people who need to get what's coming to them. I hope L&C sue them all for slander. thumbsup My theory was that Dan Scardino might have had something to do with filling the police in and setting up the sting, though maybe he's still officially off the case. Still, the logical explanation for Bill being so tight-lipped on the sting operation is that the FBI or another government agency is involved. Wonder if they've filled Dan in, or if he only knows what he's been able to find out on his own? His collaboration with L&C is great ... I was hoping they'd find a way to work together now that he knows Lois is off limits. I agree with Clark; Dan would be a good source to cultivate within the DEA.

I also liked Clark's press conference, especially how he essentially sic'ed them on Mayson. Heh. Yes, paparazzi, why don't you all congregate outside Mayson's apartment and office for a while, demanding that she answer your questions about her motivation? That's only fair, isn't it?

Sigh; that's the only problem with reading at midnight ... now I have to wait until tomorrow night or Monday morning to see what comes next!

Kathy