goofy Gee, Lady, ya smell funny!

“But I should let you know that I might invite some of my cat friends over tonight. If the bed’s full of cats when you get home, you’ll have to find somewhere else to sleep.”
laugh Luckily, he can always float...

“There’s a Dr. Klein at Star Labs who is apparently working on some invention that he claims will be a breakthrough for the blind. I thought maybe Superman might be a prime candidate to try out his invention.”
No look at that... And funny aside: I actually took that as "cure for the blind" on the first read blush

“GPS, which stands for Global Positioning System, is the system it uses. But it’s actually called a Navigation Bracelet.”
Now look at that. /hopes he won't have to go as an embedded reporter in a war zone...

A woman’s voice instantly told him his longitude, latitude and height above sea level.
Uuuuuuhm... isn't that a tad... sciency?

“Points of Interest?”
"Lois to your left. Chocolate store to your right. Suggest taking a step back. Now."

“I know the longitude and latitude stuff doesn’t mean a lot to you. But that, together with height above sea level...”
Oooooooh!

Not that it had been particularly springy in Paris - although there were definite signs of spring.
And if pilots can do an instrument landing, why not a little solar-powered bioplane.

That was why Mayson Drake had waited at home by the phone all of the previous evening, just hoping that Clark would call her to tell her himself that he was back in town.
If it weren't so funny, it'd be sad.

She was glancing around her office for some sort of inspiration when her eyes landed on a particular file. Was there some way to make use of that?
/smells rat

Lois suddenly wished Clark’s desk contained a picture of the two of them.
laugh

Lois suddenly had fantasies of Mayson taking one look at that picture, turning around and high-tailing it out of the Daily Planet, never to be heard from again.
laugh

“Mayson, I didn’t expect to see you here,” she said, wishing she had - early enough to get Martha to FedEx that picture for Clark’s desk.
Meeeoowwwww!

“I expect you also know that Martin Snell was arrested. When he was being questioned by the police, there was an explosion in the interrogation room, killing both Snell and the police officers.”
That's new.

“So if he was killed by someone watching the interview at the exact moment he was about to reveal the head of Intergang...”
Little bit of Semtex embedded in scull of laywer?

“Because attorney-client privilege survives the death of the attorney. We can’t get that information. As a result, the investigation into Snell’s death has run dry. I’ve been told to send my file to storage. Officially, it will remain open, but with no leads, it’s basically dead.”

“So why are you telling me? What do you expect us to do?”

Mayson shrugged. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”
Hah! wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.