goofy

"Uh, somewhere between two and four am."

An odd look flashes in Clark's eyes. It's there and gone in less than a second, but my Dark Passenger stirs sleepily at it nonetheless.

Was it guilt?
Yes?

"Superman was off fighting a brush fire in California about that time," Clark says thoughtfully.
Funny coincidence.

He's actually sorry for Rita's murder at the hands of Trinity - a woman that he'd never even met. My Dark Passenger perks his head up in suspicion and I have to force him back down again before I can speak.
Nah, just a hick from Nowheresville.

She's covering for him. Her tone might fool others, but not me. It's clear that she's used to covering for him. But covering for what?
Is he going to go after her, too? That's would be...interesting.

I move on and research Clark on the police database. Zip. Zero. Nada. Not even a parking ticket that I can find. That's fine.
Yeah, it's just that he always folds his cape up and takes it with him. So no need for a parking space.

I just happen to kill people on a fairly regular basis.
Sounds reasonable?

Drug dealer. A secret affair. A secret family stashed someplace. Hired gunman. Member of the mob. Serial killer.
Exiled prince with the chance for despoty?

"None of the above. Well, now we know who killed the kid in the park,"
Waddayaknow.

Evidence that Clark is a monster, just like me.
Well... according to Trask, he is.

And in an instant, I know his secret.

There is no Dark Passenger in this man.

Clark Kent is Superman.
Whoops.

I won't expose his Light Passenger, and I won't destroy his family. Just as I want my Dark Passenger to remain a secret and my family to stay intact.
clap

Nicely done, DC! Dexter felt quite all right to me. Always refreshing to see a new face (aka Dexter) pop in.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.