Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I don't know anything about Dexter but this is an interesting premise. I wondered how you could combine two shows with such different tones.

I like the idea that Dexter could pick up on something different about Clark:

He's definitely hiding something, that much is clear to me. Most people might not notice it, but I'm not most people. The question is: what, exactly, is he hiding?
I also liked the way you resolved the story - that Dexter is surprised by the revelation that Clark is Superman. And that Dexter understands the importance of keeping certain secrets.

Entertaining story!

Joan
Thanks Joan! It was actually easier combining the two shows that I had thought it would be, thanks,, in part, to the fact the the new Dexter season has started and I'm been refreshed on the deadpan dark humor of the show. Dexter, in both the books and the series, is very good about picking up on when other people are hiding things (his Dark Passenger can pick up on other people's Dark Passengers). Dexter definitely understands the importance of secrets - also, there's no way that he can reveal Clark's without revealing his own secret (people would demand to know why Dexter was watching Clark).

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon