Originally posted by VirginiaR:
You really cover every facet of Clark's and Superman's life and how each would be impacted should either one or both would disappear.

I'm glad you didn't forget the importance of Martha and Jonathan. If Superman disappeared, everyone would notice, but M&J would notice if Clark disappeared and they would make sure that he was never forgotten. They would go to Perry and even Lois to help them find their missing son. If Lois said that "oh, it's Clark, giving up and moving on again..." Martha and Jonathan would be there to correct her... of course, if she's married to Luthor their having access to her would be limited.

Like the others I liked how you showed Clark's discomfort that creating Superman made him (CK) feel insignificant, especially in Lois's eyes. If he only knew what was happening upstairs in Lois's mind before and during the wedding! laugh

But this line shows that Clark hasn't lost hope:
This is a job for Clark Kent.
clap Thank you for not ending on a depressing note!
You're very welcome! There was no way I was going to end this on a dark note though. Because he *does* get out of the cage and is able to get to Lois. And she *doesn't* marry Luthor. smile Besides, after asking my readers to follow me on this dark journey, I owed it to them to end this on a hopeful note.

I'm glad that you liked how Clark has reflected on both sides of who he is. And that his discomfort with being Superman (and how Lois views him as a result) worked for you. It was one of the things that I kind of noticed a few months ago when I watched the entire series again. It may not be shown prominently in the show, but there are little hints of it, I think.

But true - if only he knew what was going on in Lois' mind upstairs! If he'd heard her say "Lois Lane...Kent," he'd have broken free in a heartbeat! laugh (Once he picked up his jaw from off the floor and gotten his heartbeat into a regular pattern again.)

Glad you liked the small inclusions of Martha and Jonathan into the story. It would only be natural for his thoughts to turn to them, even when he's mostly focused on Lois.

Thanks for reading and for the review! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon