Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm not usually a song fic person either but you've done a nice job using small portions of the song through your piece.

Love the idea that Clark is willing to risk anything for Lois.

It's an interesting conflict - Clark wondering if creating Superman has made Clark insignificant.

I can't help but to think that if the birth of Superman made Clark's life insignificant in Lois' eyes, then Clark's life is worthless.
This is an insightful paragraph too:

Now, my life is reversed. Not long ago, it was the super side of me that was all alone. I hid that part of myself, fearing that I'd use my powers and have someone see it. And now, the super side of me no longer hides. As Superman, I can allow the world to see the powers that I posses. But Clark is all alone.
I like that you've addressed some of the darker emotions Clark might be feeling - especially under those circumstances. What makes Superman great is not that he doesn't have those emotions, but he is able to do what is right despite them.

Joan
Thank you Joan! I'm glad that you liked the darker tone/emotions of the piece. It's part of what makes Dean's Clark/Superman so human and so relatable. He does have (and readily shows) every human emotion. Thanks for reading and reviewing! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon