Oooh, another very unique Tank story clap

It was Lois’ turn to laugh. “Just go, and have a great time with your parents. I hope to have several chapters read before you get home, and I expect you to bring me a doggie bag. I love your mom’s cooking too.”
The reasoning was sound. And yet, it felt off, somehow. Lois wouldn't be able to get through an entire book, unless she's a speed reader, and there was never an indication of that before. And it didn't sound as if she regularly took timeouts from her husband. /wonders what's going to happen/

Lois negotiated her way around the boxes, ignoring them, until she reached the far end of the attic. Buried under a couple of larger boxes labeled ‘Lois’ winter underwear’ was a smaller box labeled similarly. Unlike the other boxes the smaller one was lined with a thin coating of lead and didn’t contain any underwear.
Ooooh, is she getting her seven veils costume out?

Inside was a small black box-like apparatus that had two knobs jutting from a smooth face and a lens-like aperture pointing straight up.
I wondered if you were describing this little device here:
[Linked Image]
And, in consequence, do a Warehouse 13 crossover.

Lois squared her shoulders and stared directly at the floating image. “This is agent Lisan An; my post is Terra, Sol 3.”
confused

Lois suddenly felt panicky. This was going all wrong. It was true that she was certain that Superman was no threat to Thanagar; but leave?
Oh, so she does like it here, after all. When did she replace Lois, though? And did she kill her? clap

A large smile grew on Lois’ face. “Yes!” Her fist pumped the air.

She then moved leisurely toward the den, and the book she was actually looking forward to reading.
clap

So, with the explanation of Hawkman, I now no longer wonder if Lisan An has been 8 feet tall, green, and slimy. It also explains why she is so fixated on flying. If the wings where a part of her, she had to give them up. If they were just a fun gimmick, she can no longer wear them. Either way, she probably loved flying on her own.

It does raise a few questions, though. Why did she fall for Lex? Or Call-Me-Daniel? Or why did she get mad over his secret? After all she knew. #1 and #2 could be explained as a ploy to get Clark's attention. But then, she already knew he was Superman and that he was interested in her. Why not take the easy road. Or was she really a bit flighty? The revelation, though, I'm guessing she extrapolated from how an Earth woman should have behaved?

Michael

PS: Yes, you *are* now expected to have Hawkgirl show up. evil

PPS: And what happens should Lisan An actually get pregnant and the little one be born with wings. shock

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.