A compelling part.

He must have been in order to lose so much body mass, to lose so much of his strength.
Poor Clark! whinging

He said I had no use for them anymore.
I realize that Lex may not have meant what Lois thinks he meant by that; but either way, this line is positively chilling.

Fear...and hate. It had taken me this long to identify that second emotion because I had never before heard it in Clark's voice. I had thought him incapable of it.
Another chilling line. It alludes to just how horrendous a time Clark has had.

"Guess you never really had a chance for a heart-to-heart with her, eh, Kent?
Is Lex going to spill the beans? shock ; He normally plays his hand close to his vest, but I could see him telling her in an effort to drive a wedge between her and Clark.

Luthor's smile was as cheerful as a corpse's and far more unsettling.
A vivid and disturbing image. Perfect for Lex.

Some small part of my mind tried to warn me that I was in the middle of a dangerous situation; it didn't do any good.
When did it ever with Lois?

"Come now, Ms. Lane," he tsked. "You didn't really think you could make it out of here, did you?"
I know I hadn't -- not when there are still 19 more parts too the story.

That thing in the cell really does seem to have a soft spot for you. A good thing...for me. Every being, even super-powered ones, have their Achilles' Heels.
He may not have told her outright; but if Lois were on her game, his hint would be enough for her to figure things out. The question is, just how much off her game is she right now? Between the physical pain and the emotional turmoil, she might not put the pieces together -- at least not for a while.

Looking forward to part three.

Joy,
Lynn