Thank you all for the lovely feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the story! smile1

And I appreciate your FDK Lynn:
I'm afraid the ending didn't work for me. It didn't seem to me to be true to Clark's character. I would think that Clark would close himself off, at least at first, fearing that despite her words, she didn't really love Clark for himself, but only because he was also Superman.
I see where you are coming from, but realize that his story was from Lois' POV. The ending was what she was feeling/realizing. It could be very plausible that after that last kiss, Clark could turn to her and say... 'Okay, that's all well and good... but we need to talk before we can move on.' If you look at the ending again, Clark didn't respond--except with a kiss. We know he loves her, but that doesn't mean he still wouldn't feel his own insecurities on the matter. But I didn't want to interrupt the poetical symmetry I was trying to create by contrasting the coldness Lois felt at the beginning with the warmth felt at the end. The point of the story was Lois understanding that she was worthy of love, and realizing who was the source of that validation.

Thanks for reading! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink