The good old times. I didn't get my first modem till the late 90s smile And, yeah, computer stuff on the TV. It always works the way it should at that moment. Unless it's best to fail, just like the Enterprise's shields laugh

So, yeah, custom software, why not. I'd recommend flicking some random remark in there about her using the DP's gobbled together wackado piece of 'annoy-the-reporter' softwre while the Star's said to having switched to HAL's System-1 and Word Maker ages ago. But Lois still needs to connect to said network because free wifi in hotels was still almost 20 years in the future smile There should be same hassle as with a voice call (or no hassle both times), because she still needs to dial the DP's office in Metropolis. The rest can be any sort of pretext, like she wanted to research something first and left the connection open afterwards, not caring about the phone bill. It's just less hassle that way. And it's not her fault that 'annoy-the-reporter' has the 'Send-To-Editor' command wired to the F12 key. Hmm... yeah, why not laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.