Oh, I am a long way behind on FDK replies blush

Pat
Clark may have lost his memory, but he is still Clark when the reaction to Lois so strong.
Yep, Clark is still Clark - in fact it could be argued that Clark sans memories of the cell is *more* like the Clark we know and love. laugh

MM Dialogue is absolutely my favourite part of story-writing. I would be quite happy to have them sit down and chat for 100 000 words!

DW On top of everything else, I wasn't very nice to Clark - giving him a time when he thought he might be lusting after his sister. But I kept his suffering short!

Laura I didn't set out to keep you waiting for the kiss. A long time ago, I had the conversation sorted where Clark says 'I know I haven't kissed you - I would remember that.'

They got closer in Trail than I originally intended, which made it seem like a tease. I was going to have Clark completely uncomfortable with any contact, but his natural warmth kept showing through and I found myself writing him as more receptive than I really wanted him to be.

Hannah The teasing was something that couldn't really be in their relationship until now. I enjoy it, too.

Michael Michael, I am very suspicious that you have hacked into my computer. wink Your comments often seem strangely appropriate for my *next* story. confused confused

Oh boy, Lois will have quite a hard time figuring out how far to take this without telling him.
Exactly.

Bellarase Menzies and Scardino are meant to represent the majority of society. It is so easy to go along with the prevailing opinon of the time. But when that opinon is shown to be wrong, just and reasonable people change.

Cristina

if you'd thrown amnesia into the mix, there had to be a way for Lois and Clark to benefit from it.
The amnesia wiped the slate clean so we could start again (again!).

Vicki

This Clark is more like canon-Clark - friendly, relaxed, teasing, and just plain charming. I'm loving it. And, apparently, so is Lois.
Even more so because Lois hasn't known this Clark before. smile

Brenda

Color me curious. I wonder why it's so obvious to him when he can't remember anything else?
Because he believes that if he had kissed her, the memory would have been so strong that it would have survived amnesia. I admit, that might not be completely rational thinking, but this is Lois and Clark ... wink

Kathy

The first chapter of this story was WAFFy, the second was poignant and angsty ... and by the end of the third chapter, we're back to WAFFy again.
To spoil or not to spoil ... help

Lois's decision to keep all these secrets from Clark.
Lois was told by Menzies that the experts would probably advise her not to tell him too much. Initially, she's in a spin - think about what she went through in the preceeding 48 hours - her first major argument with Clark, the realisation that her love might not be enough to bring him healing, the world threatened, Clark threatened, Clark and his powers being introduced to the world, Clark missing, Clark with amnesia.

It's only as she gets some time to reflect (looking out of the window in H2) that she begins to formulate a plan - it's OK if he learns about their relationship (so long as he doesn't feel indebted to her), it's OK if he learns about his powers, (and she will do everything to make them seem non-disturbing) but she wants to avoid *everything* about the cell.

She still exercises caution - not wanting to overload him with an entire life in one massive reveal.

The most difficult part of Highway was dealing with Lois telling Clark about his life - the order that things came to light, how, and how much she told him.

I loved your paragraph about Clark's reaction to finding out that Lois isn't his sister.

Joy I'm glad you liked the brother/sister confusion.

Virginia Sorry - it is still a WIP. At least you got the first three stories quickly!

LadyM I'm so glad you're still with us. smile

Mega-thanks for reading and giving FDK. clap The early parts of Highway felt to me like I was setting up again - so it was wonderful to read that you're enjoying these parts.

Corrina.