Ms Rhodes' eyes turned ice cold. "Why didn't your agency alert the public to the danger when the alien escaped?"
"Because Mr. Moyne proved to be somewhat unstable and had to be terminated. I wouldn't trust the information he's put out there if I were you."

The reporter looked so pathetically eager. She didn't know that by Wednesday afternoon, the story of an alien would be of no consequence. "You won't talk to any other reporters? You'll guarantee me the exclusive?"
Sounds quite ominously like nightfall. Or an alien horde trampling down a path through the solar system.

"Because when we talked about our favourite foods, I said that I loved apple pie, but there was pain there, too, because I always associated it with Mom. You said that you didn't know if you would ever eat pizza again. I figured you thought that maybe it was time to make some new memories." He shrugged self-consciously. "I didn't know what else to do."
Oh, yeah, now that you mention it.

The front page was filled with a shocking photo of a man with a shaggy beard and long, straggly hair.

Above the photo, the headline screamed: "ALIEN!"
Huh, yah. I'd have guessed 'hobo' but I'm sure alien works, too.

He walked out of the door, and Lois watched him, wishing that destroying the impact of the story could be as easy as burning the newspaper.
Oh dear. Oh dear.

Michael jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.