What a rollercoaster ride!

I loved the meeting of Clark and Sam. The best part for me, though, was right before the meeting, when Clark mused that he had never thought it was possible that one day he would be meeting his girlfriend's father.

I, too, was surprised that Menzies admitted there had been an alien, but since he truly believes the alien is dead, I suppose there's no real reason to deny it. Plus, and expecially if Nightfall is coming, he's got other, more important, things on his mind at the moment.

I'm really hoping this *is* the Nightfall meteor, because that would (a) force Clark's hand in creating Superman and (b) provide the perfect setting for people to accept the alien. If it weren't for something as drastic as Nightfall, I don't think this Clark would ever present the alien side of himself to the world as Superman.

And speaking of people accepting the alien (or not), today's preview is just plain wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster