Oh, I love that this fic is back! Sue, you are back!

My very, very favorite quote from this part of your fic is this:

Clark cleared his throat softly. "I didn't know he did that."
Amazing. Lois watches and listens to Clark when he comes ever so close to saying, "I didn't know I did that." Clark doesn't realize that he almost says it, and Lois certainly doesn't realize that he almost says it, but we readers can see and hear it so clearly. This little scene and this one line throws the full awful complexity of the Lois-Clark-Superman love triangle into the starkest relief. It is as if Clark is oblivious of what he says, as if, for a moment, he is stepping "back from reality", away from his present situation with Lois, so to speak, to contemplate his love for Lois even in his Superman guise. To contemplate himself, and what his love means to himself. And to contemplate what his love does to himself. How often do we get to see Clark do that? Hardly ever, and certainly not even nearly often enough. I was mesmerized here!

The rest of this part was great too. I loved how Lois contemplated her own stupidity in relation to Clark, and that too was brilliantly told, but we get to see Lois do that quite often on these boards.

I could almost feel Lois's pain when she was trying to survive, when she was walking and walking and not knowing if anyone would find her, and when she was so thirsty. It was so horribly frustrating to see her look at the blue, empty sky. It was like seeing an ordinary person expect a miracle to emerge out of the sky, and of course it won't happen. I could feel the hopelessness of the whole situation, the limitations of even Superman's ability, but also Lois's strength and her ability not to give up.

And then he was there. Yes, it was like a miracle. You made me feel it, really.

And then the part ended! Come back soon with more!!!!

Ann