Well, from the question and comments I have already seen some tweaks that I need to add before this goes to archive. The most glaring is Parry. He would have gotten back from vacation and we need to know what he's doing. After all, he may be trying to find a way to get the Daily Planet out of limbo. I need to give that some thought.

Laura:
Great job tying up all the lose ends and making the ending a happy one.
Thank you. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever write a broken or sad ending. I actually have a shelf-full of those. I think some of them are pretty good, but I haven't written any of them and I probably won't. That just isn't who I am.

Ann:
So Lex ordered Officer Smith's family to be killed? After Officer Smith had failed to kill Lois, that is. How horrible! But the policeman retaliated by killing Lex! Well, that was poetic justice.
Not exactly. BJ and DW have it below. Smith dared to hurt Lois. For that his family was going to pay with their lives.

One thing I'll speak to here. I've never cared for the Lex "I won't live in a cage so he kills himself" death. I don't like Lex, but I see him as a fighter. I think the only way Lex would ever die was for someone to take him out.
I love the three questions that Lois asked of Clark. How lovely that she was to one who got to ask the question!
I always see Lois as the more forceful member of this team. Remember that even in the series, it was when SHE proposed that they got engaged.

BJ:
I liked your original characters, but your use of Henderson was particularly good. I also thought the pacing for Lois and Clark's relationship was nicely done. Clark's revelation, followed by an introspective and repentant Lois, followed by a period of time where they learned to trust each other again was very realistic and in-character.
Wow. I mean WOW! Thank you. You are too kind.

As for my ideas and plans for L & K, take a look at the feedback to part 13. I just added a full L/K primer there in response to a comment from Michael.
L & K Primer

DW: Thanks.
loved that Lois asked *the* question at the end!
That was the easy question. Clark had to navigate the "Why didn't you tell me about Lex?" question first. I've always been disappointed that they never went back and talked about that in the show. I think it would have been a great dramatic moment.

Kristen
I have a killer soft spot for waff, but I liked that you didn't use much. They needed to take some time to learn to trust each other and get to know each other again. I've been reading so much fic lately (and a lot of waffy stories, in particular) and this was a nice break from that.
Thank you! rotflol
And is Lois going to ask Clark to marry her?
I guess THAT was pretty obvious. At least to us. smile I’m glad you enjoyed the ending.

dcarson
If you do write more in this AU I see a couple of hooks already.
Actually, just today I realized that there might have to be at least a small short sequel to address one thing I left out. I think it was a big deal, but it wasn’t strictly necessary to the master story arc. When I do get around to working on that, I’ll keep your points in mind.

Thank you all so much. This has been something of a “welcome back to writing” for me. I hope I can find more ideas that prove entertaining in the future.

Bob