I love Thanksgiving. I think it's actually my favorite holiday for family get-togethers. This past year, I got to see relatives I hadn't seen in at least 35 years. (Ooooh, I'm starting to tell my age here, aren't I?)

I loved the mention of the TV shows.

“You’re a Trekkie?!”
But I have to wonder... Wouldn't Jonathan had corrected Lois and told her he was a trekker - not a trekkie?

It brought up all sorts of social issues that would normally never have gotten past the censors, and it did so in ways that were usually entertaining rather than preachy.
I always think of the "black and white" kiss that was a first on TV. (Uhura and Captain Kirk kissed.) Among other things I think of is the declaration by Uhura where she said that she was not a "maiden" made it right past the censors. (She actually replied, "Neither," in reply to Sulu calling her a fair maiden.)

“So yes, I have been a Trekker since day one.”
Ah! He did!

“Mom, those birds are bullies!”
Not nearly as much as bluejays.

Elephants were stomping around in Lois’ stomach.
This is a great metaphor!

Awww.... I loved the kiss.

But stuffing is generally made with rice or bread (possibly fried) as the base.
Wow! Really? I've never had stuffing with rice in it. That sounds interesting. My mom used to make a fantastic pecan stuffing. (She also made a mean pie - any kind you'd want - that would rival Martha's.)

I was happy when I became a Hack from Nowheresville and a little saddened when I was "promoted" to Beat Reporter. But soon I hope to be a Top Banana.
Well, I've only got about 2000 or so posts to move up to the next level. Sigh...

Great story, Lynn.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~