Back again with some more-thought-out FDK.

“It also discussed aliens in a mature fashion; it showed them to be as complex as humans and with similar motivations. Up until that point, most aliens were just depicted as bug-eyed monsters intent upon earth’s destruction. I sometimes wonder whether Superman would have been received as well by the general public if ‘Star Trek’ had never aired.
Coming from the alien's 'father', this is great. Wikipedia says that the original series started airing in 1966 - the same year Clark arrived IIRC. Is that one of the reasons you chose Star Trek?

Chrysanthemums or 'mums flower here around Mother's Day in May. Move it six months and it would be near Thanksgiving in the US, right?

I love that it was a Hawks victory that paved the way for Lois to kiss Clark.

I had to laugh that Clark disappeared to the bathroom and wasn't there to say goodbye to Lois. Considering Martha had been cooking (not Lois), he wouldn't have had an easy excuse.

Again, Lynn, Thanks so much for your story. I'm smile1 that you managed to bring footy (of sorts wink ) into the fic, and I have to say that that English teacher Lois had sounds just a bit like me!

And the whole Thanksgiving scene/atmosphere was exactly what I was hoping for.

thumbsup Corrina.