Wow, so much happened in this chapter! I feel like story just took a giant leap forward. Well done. thumbsup

Scardino: I, too, wondered from his thoughts and words if he had started to develop feelings for Lois. Not in a way that he would act on -- if he thought our Lois had barriers up, this Lois had solid walls -- but in a vague 'meant to be' kind of way. But you kept in vague enough that it could just be his guilt over not being the kind of leader he knew he should have been for the last two years.

Shadbolt: Oh, Shadbolt, you big lunk, Corrina has made you one of my favorites. Love how he and Scardino are working together to protect Lois. I also love seeing the logical leaps they are both making about Lois's situation as they put the pieces together. They are both good agents, despite their recent laziness, and it's good to see that.

Menzies: "Too competent"? Yikes, didn't see that coming. I'm glad he's distracted by his wife's illness so he's not looking too closely at anything yet. But does he doubt all his agents, or does he have a specific reason to think Scardino couldn't follow this order? What in his past interactions with Scardino would make him interpret "I've done everything you said to do" as "Something isn't right"?

Moyne being AWOL: Arrrrrrrrgh!! I guess it will better for all concerned if Moyne (and Menzies?) can be disposed of in such a way that gives Lois and Clark solid proof that he's really gone (and thus no witnesses left to stop them from eventually resuming their true identities), but ... Arrrrrrgh!

Lois & Clark: Loving Lois in the story just so, so much. Love the strong, uber-competent agent with the heart of gold. It makes the story a lot of fun, knowing that Clark is as safe as he possibly can be while they're on the run. And I really like their conversation at the end of the chapter, where she gently but clearly explains to him that she really needs to him to snap out of his daze and work with her. Being productive and learning how to make his way in the world again is going to be far better for his mental health than any amount of wallowing, and Lois found the perfect way to get through to him. Great job!

More, please. smile

Kathy