Kathryn
they'll find a way to rebuild their bond.
That's the essence of 'Trail'. smile

MozartMaid

Clark's isolation and feeling lost was heartbreaking.
He's moved from physical isolation to mental/emotional isolation.

Bellarase

This chapter was right where it should be
One of the reasons that I detailed how bad imprisonment had been for Clark was so that the readers would understand his feelings now.

AntiKryptonite Hi and welcome. There's always room for new readers!!

Thanks for the comment re the characters. I think that's the crux of fanfic - to keep enough the same that the characters are recognisable but make enough changes that you're not just rehashing canon.

Emily

I love that Lois refers to his abilities as powers. Already planting the seed that they are a gift rather than a 'defect'.
Lois deliberately kept herself from being tainted by Trask's views, so she can see Clark's abilities so much more clearly (and positively).

True Love

It is certainly a new beginning for both Lois and Clark,
True. 'Junction' (obviously wink ) started with a new beginning, so did 'Bridge'. If anyone's counting, this is the third 'new beginning' laugh .

Evelyn I like writing about strong emotions. Sadly, sometimes that means putting Lois and Clark through some unhappy times.

And later ... thanks. It's important to remember where Clark is coming from. It is a huge hole he has to climb out of.

Elizabeth

you can actually feel his anxiety and despair as you read it!
Thank you!

I did wonder about Lois saying her name was Linda King... wouldn't this be a big clue if the agents check out all the motel bookings?
Good point.

On a practical level, because this was before *everything* was computerised (remember the woman wrote down their names in a book?) it would be impossible to do a 'search and find' on all motels. Even then, you'd have to actually ask for the name 'Linda King'. So, the task would have been to check every motel/hotel/B&B and see if any names rang a bell.

'Linda King' would certainly cause Scardino to notice - but Lois was banking on the enormity of the task giving her some time.

On a (very!) subtle level, I was hinting that Lois wasn't quite as composed as she was portraying. Using Linda's name gave her a modicum of comfort - Lois is still getting used to working alone, and (for very good reasons) Clark isn't much help yet.

Vicki Towards the end of Bridge, I hadn't been in Clark's POV much - I wanted this scene to have impact!

Was there more that Lois didn't read?
No.

If there was no more, will we learn why he stopped there?
I won't tell you, but I'm sure you will work it out.

Will we ever find out the end of that line?
Yes.

No, I'm not begging for spoilers,
I'm happy to answer questions if I can do it without giving too much away smile

(And actually, your questions helped because I want the readers to remember the poem!)

Laura

I thought after the shock of being free wore off he'd start to have nightmares and deal with where he was and how to get back to a new normal.
I think he's still in shock - physical, emotional and mental.

He is out! He is with Lois.
That's true. However, I've only given you one small scene in Clark's POV. I'm hoping his thoughts and feelings will become clearer as we spend some time in his POV.

Michelle Thanks for the great explanation. The other thing is that Clark has never been in love before - some of what he's experiencing is totally new, the rest is almost-forgotten.

They will switch plates!!

DW

he is still very much that 21 year old.
Exactly - and even at 21 (pre-capture), he had some fairly serious issues to deal with.

Do you have a posting schedule in mind?
I'm trying to rebuild my buffer by writing a little more than a chapter before posting a new one. I've finished T9 and sent it to the BRs. As soon as I write at least 3000 words of T10, I'll post T2.

Michael

I wonder if he realizes that they *could* probably be zipped together into one double-sleeping bag.
Maybe not, because that wasn't what they did in the cell.

Glad work should ease up for you. You could use the 'waiting' time writing. Just saying. wink

Thanks again to you all. I'm so glad that T1 delivered after the long wait.

Corrina.