There were so many moments here to treasure, I don't know where to start. I loved this part so much, I've re-read it several times today.

This simple, understated passage brought a lump to my throat:

[The bullet] was in his pocket now. He'd cleaned it on his shorts and put it next to the notes she had written him.
Edited to add: Back again. I was called away before and didn't have time to say that I admire how you manage to say so much with so few words. The fact that the bullet needs to be cleaned is our first indication that Clark was injured when he caught it. He cleans it before putting it in his pocket - so as not to soil the two notes? And how much it tells us that he has tucked in his pocket like a precious treasure a piece of paper which reads "Will collect after use".

All of which makes us even more eager than Lois was to see his reaction to "Thank you, Mr. Kent."

As others have said, the whole thing was beautifully written.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster