Like the others, I was sorry to see this finish, but like all good things, it had to come to an end.

And it was indeed an excellent end. You wrapped up a terrific alt-beginning for Lois and Clark with your obvious affection for Australian football in general and the Hawks in particular and made me care who won the final! I have to tell you that I was roo - er, cheering for the merger to fail and for Lois to figure out how to be the best footy reporter she could be while being married to Clark. I wanted to see all of Hawthorn stay separate, succeed, and win, and heal the breaches among the members, and become united once again.

And you did it! I know, you had the real Hawthorn history to fall back on, but you blended it so well with the romantic portion of the tale that in the end they were inseparable. Congratulations on an excellent tale so very well told.

Thanks for giving Clark and Lois such a wonderful Aussie family - not just the kids, but Ron and Barb and Seb and Chris and Browny and Banjo and all the other colorful characters you drew for us to enjoy.

A semi-personal note: A friend of mine visited Sydney a few years back and found a music store on the second floor of a building, accessed by a staircase to the front door. The name of the store was "Stairway to Kevin." Do you know it?

I'd wager a pint that there's a Kerth nom in the near future! Hurry and get it to the archive so you can qualify! Deadline for inclusion is December 31st! (Actually, it's a little more flexible than that, but hurry anyway!)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing