Hmm...Hmm... Here's what I'm thinking. At least, if I were to force Muse to continue. Please, bear in mind, I'm now in my plot-weeding-mode, not in my sit-back-and-enjoy-the-ride mode.

Option One reminds me a lot of the setup of Rac's epic. Minus the super-powered Lois. And probably the civil war. But still, lot of heartache and separation anxiety.

Option Two sounds like variation of your wonderful Clark-is-apart-from-Lois-and-doesn't-know-she's-pregnant stories.

Option Three. Well, that's just too easy a way out. Plus you've set it all up so wonderfully for more angst laugh

So, what I would do, would be getting Clark to meet his wife and get married before he learns Lois is pregnant but go the way of the Show and not keep them apart any longer than that. This way, Clark has to deal with a wife he doesn't want, a child he had no idea about, and an ex-lover who's probably more than a little miffed even if it's not Clark's fault, per-se. Voila, instant drama in a completely unprecedented setting. I hope.

I know, probably not the answer you've been looking for. Doesn't mean I won't appreciate any of your choices, either. smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.