Hi Nancy! wave

At first I figured this would be a fic with Bobby Bigmouth as a police inspector. But the first paragraph cleared this up blush

Then you puled this stunt here:
Then I remembered what Henderson had said. I needed to lay low. If I wanted to be the person to expose Superman for who he really was, I needed to get out of here before someone else realized Clark Kent was missing.
Of course, my mind went immediately to some sort of From-the-Ruins type of story and I kept reading on, worrying, expecting, hoping.

Until...
“I can’t. I completely forgot, but I’m not even supposed to be here right now. I need to…” I started to tell him. The truth that is. That I needed to go into hiding to protect Superman’s secret. I mean, surely, if anyone could be trusted it would be Lex, right?
clap

And Clark was too worn out to put up a fight. shock

“I don’t love Superman,” I said. “I was sort infatuated with him,” I said, having to admit to that. “But I don’t love him. And I like you, Clark, a lot. You’re like a brother to me.”
This took me completely by surprise. A Lois that is over Superman and not into Clark. Interesting potential for a sequel. Unless you plan to marry her off to Dan. wildguy

“I know,” I admitted quietly. “That’s just the kind of guy Clark Kent is.”
And this was so poignant of Lois's discoveries of the man Clark is.

Fun vignette!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.