Hi Rac!
Glad operation 'Move East' was successful. And of course, that there is an update to this mess, erm, story. blush

The family scenes really built up the tension, knowing there Triad-K out there, ready to wreak havoc on this version our favorite family at any moment.

Jiang shook his head slightly. He had not misjudged Hsiao. The other man was the most brutally efficient individual in Jiang’s employ. “The more innocent the victims, the more likely that Superman and Ultrawoman will both make an appearance.”
Oh boy. I think, even Lex has never been displayed this sinister. Sure, he used children as guinea-pigs but he didn't use them as bait. And there is a worst case scenario, one in which the Triads could turn up as minced meat, cooked to perfection. dizzy

Unbeknownst to the many party-goers, the lead shielding on the devices was about to open, ensuring maximum exposure to Kryptonite for Ultrawoman and Superman.
At first, I thought, one more nail in their coffin, but after the way things unfolded, I believe this was a critical mistake by the Hsiao. Kryptonite won't saturate a room, so removing the shielding only served as a warning.

She wasn’t going to leave her husband to face down death alone.
Common sense (some call hope and trust that the author would hurt as much as the gentle reader) tells us that the toys will end up in one piece, mostly. But there's still the possibility that M&J will have to raise another orphan.

Then there's the option of Hsiao crossing paths with M&J on their way to Star Labs dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.