Oh, I fully expect Hawk's teaser to be at the end of the next instalment since she has shown herself to be quite adept at cliffhangers.

I like how this Lois has a broken family past, and it seems like she has had problems with men in the past also, but she's not quite so defensive and stand offish. She's still friendly with the new guy and able to socially interact with her colleagues even if they can't be considered good friends.

I do think Clark is coming up against a problem with his dual identity with Lois. I don't know how long he can 'put off' a reasonable explanation for his behavior without causing serious damage to his relationship with Lois. Luckily, he doesn't know about Lois' own conflicted feelings for him or he might be more prone to 'hide' himself from her longer than logic suggests.

But then this is Clark, and he has never been very smart about how and to who he shares his secret.

I think that this 'game' the Clark is being forced into is going to be some sort of catalyst for many aspects of what will be between Lois and Clark; be it for good or not so good.

Tank (who expects Hawk to drag out the angst of misunderstanding between Lois and Clark just to aggrivate the gentle readers... a tried and true tradition of L&C fics)