This is indeed a lovely portrait of Lois. She isn't being bitchy at all. (And personally I thought that First Season Lois really was too bitchy. I don't think of Lois like that.)

This Lois is so much more delightful. She is very much in love with Clark, but she isn't angry with him. She is mystified by him, though, and probably a little bit irritated as well. I loved this aspect of investigative Lois:

Lois had mulled long over what he could possibly be hiding. She had considered drugs. That would explain his sudden need to be alone.

But when he'd been in the footy jumper, she had conducted a diligent exploration of his amazing arms, and she was sure they bore no signs of drug abuse.
thumbsup clap

I loved that she asked him about Mayson, too. This was delightful:

Clark turned directly to her, and his eyes centred in hers, causing her heart to leap. "Mayson Drake means nothing to me beyond being a colleague," he said firmly. "And that is never going to change."

His eyes held her captive for a long moment. His gaze was steady, unflinching, direct ... soft ... eloquent. And the message it carried utterly crumbled every one of Lois's carefully created barriers.
Aawwwwww!!!!! sloppy

Clark stood up, wishing he could speak from his heart.

Everything.

But he couldn't.

Not in the middle of a work day.
Okay. So ask her for a date, then. Or get her to see the sequel to that Man from the Mountain movie with you. Then tell her.

Not when Lois had given no hint that she wanted more than friendship.
First of all, she has given you hints that she want more than friendship with you. Why else would she have asked you so many questions about your feelings for Mayson Drake? And how much have you told her about your feelings for her?

If you want even friendship with her, you shouldn't ditch her the way you did with no explanation, when you had to fly off to be Superman the other day. Tell her!

And Corrina, I loved this:

She felt as if he were a good book - just waiting to be opened. A book with a gorgeous cover ... a book that promised so much more.

And ... despite warning herself over and over and over again ... she just couldn't believe that the book wouldn't be as good as the cover promised.

And there was the problem.

She wanted to open the book.

She *so* wanted to open the book.

But did she dare?
I love that!

Very much looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann