I'm having all kinds of computer problems at home, and I only have time to write a little bit here at work.

This was another wonderful and harrowing part, Rac.

I'm reminded of soldiers who have spent years at war away from home. During those years they have learnt to be soldiers, to deal with pain and death, and to cause pain and death themselves. But they have forgotten how to be at peace and how to live an ordinary life at home. At home, others have filled their shoes. When they return home they are not needed, and they have to fight their invisible demons in a world that doesn't understand them.

I know, I know - this has been said millions of times before. But your story makes it so heartbreakingly clear.

Clark needs to believe that even if the world has gone on without him, there is still a place for him at home. Yes, more than that. He is needed at home. Lois needs him. So does Jon. He has to believe that.

He is needed. And he is not worthless as a husband and a father. On the contrary, he is irreplaceable as Lois's husband and Jon's father.

And, of course, it isn't as if the world couldn't use him as a superhero.

Ann