Honestly, I'm kind of a closet Dan fan, too. I hated the fact that he was brought in just to sabotage Clark and he did get smug in the middle of his arc, but he had awesome dialogue and was really, really funny. And his interest in Lois was genuine and his motives were honest; from his point of view, Clark was not treating Lois well. (I also like Mayson for similar reasons -- she was very up front about her feelings for Clark, something that he and Lois were not able to do for some time yet.)

On the other hand, I hated Deter with a burning passion, and just reading this first part raised my blood pressure and put a knot in my stomach. (Really! It's still there!) I don't care that Lois is going to be pissed when she wakes up. This is exactly what Clark should have done, and I could kiss you, ML, for writing a story that ultimately corrects the misguided direction of this arc.

(And I'm not particularly worried about Clark getting arrested for kidnapping when it's all over, since presumably Lois will eventually get her memory back and will be able to claim that she went willingly with Clark to get away from Deter. I may be guessing wrong, but until I read differently, I'm going to assume we will eventually get a happy ending. goofy )

So thank you for giving Clark some backbone and making him take charge of the situation. This whole arc was so traumatizing that I have a feeling this story is going to be therapy for all of us -- Lois, Clark, and the readers. I don't know about the rest of you, but all these years later, I still need it. wink )

More, please!

Kathy