And here I was, just re-reading "Cause and Effect" and wishing that ML would write some more stories --- and here it is. Yay! I'm so glad that you're still playing in the LnC universe.

I have to admit mixed feelings about the premise. Not that kidnapping Lois from Deter is a bad idea. In the contrary, it's a *fantastic* idea. I just still feel so traumatized by the whole amnesia arc that the reminder is a bit painful. In the hopes of getting a happy and more intelligent resolution to the whole fiasco, though, I shall read each part with pleasure.

The cabin on the island is a great setting and so logical. Loved the bit about Clark cleaning up the dust; it really gives us a bit of insight to both Lois' character and to their relationship. Ha! Lois doesn't just clean the grout of her tile to vent frustration, does she?
JILTED BOYFRIEND ABDUCTS INSANE GIRLFRIEND
WHICH ONE IS REALLY CRAZY?
rotflol No, really. I cracked up at this headline.

I loved the little clues you sprinkled in about how Lois' subconscious might be reacting to Clark - how she kissed him back and her reaction to Clark standing up to (or threatening) Deter - and I hope that he'll be able to build on that.

Smart of Clark to bring some personal items (scrapbooks and articles she'd written). I can only hope that he'll share his secret with her. Since she's in an unfamiliar setting, knowing that Clark is Superman could be a powerful tool to unlocking her mind.

More soon, please!
BJ