Thanks, Kathy and HG, for clearing up the question of Lois ordering white wine.

Female Hawk said:
the first line had me worried ... I wasn't sure I would like any of them
I'm glad you gave the story a chance. As for the first line, that's my quirky sense of humor again. When Mary posted that line as a challenge, I tried to think of a way to use it that would be unexpected. This is what my mind came up with.
Setting the story just after Lois's wedding disaster worked really well.
I thought so, too. They needed each other desperately and after everything that had happened, Clark losing his inhibitions only helped them to repair their relationship. Also, of all the times that Clark loses his powers, there are only a couple that don't give us an immediate recovery (or at least a definite timeframe). It seemed the most logical place to explore Clark's vulnerability.

Thanks for your comments, Corrina.

flowerpot said:
this version of a drunk clark is adorable
Isn't he just? laugh As for the sequel, the more FoLCs ask for one, the more tempted I am, but the reality of my life is that it probably won't happen. Thanks for asking, though. It makes me feel loved.

Hi Nancy! Thanks for your comments.
I’m thinking that most people who never drink would “feel” it much sooner than having had so many drinks they’d lost count.
Hmm. You make a good point. I more meant that he stopped counting when he realized the alcohol was affecting him. Does that work better?
Well, I’m impressed. Do people really do that?
grumble

As for the goat and the inside joke ... Sue had suggested that we beta each other's stories for the ficathon so I *had* to tell her *something*. So I fed her some false information and then tried to write as fast as my little muse would allow.

I'm glad you all enjoyed it - thanks for commenting.
B