He took a square and put it into his mouth. She was right, it did massage your tongue – but he had much greater reasons to be glad to be alive than a little square of melting sweetness. He looked at his wife and smiled.
Oooo, the first tiff as a married couple. And it could be even worse than the whole ‘multiple wives thing’.

“Thank you,” Clark said sincerely. “But I need a job.”

“Any ideas?” his father asked.
Well, Earth still doesn’t have a Supreme Ruler and now that Nor won’t be coming, this position is still available…

“It’s too late for college now,” Clark said. “I have to work so I can support my wife.”

“Hey,” Lois said, as her hand touched his arm. “I *have* a job, so don’t assume that college isn’t a possibility for you.”
“No wife o‘ mine will work.” /grunts and adjusts legwear/ “Za stayed home and so will you.” /grunts again/
SCNR *g*
Or the alternative:
Lois finally manages to outdo Cat. Not only was she dating a head of state, no, now she’s actually gotten herself a kept boy-toy. And a frat boy to beat laugh

“I think together, we could be a formidable reporting team,” Lois said eagerly. “I could do the bulk of the writing until you catch up with written English again. Until then, I could edit your work and help you.”
Besides, there’s the ever handy life-saving option. Which, by the way, will do wonders for keeping their marriage alive. At least, the female part.

“Only if we think they’re doing something illegal.”
Or Lois really, *really* wants to know. Reporting with Lois is like drug-usage. First she starts you off with harmless, little samples and before you know it, you’re doing whatever she wants.

He was torn between her obvious enthusiasm and his fear this would lead to conflict – either now or later. “I don’t know, Lois.”
Yes, but the making up after the conflict has its perks.

Clark spun to Lois. “Lo-is,” he hissed. “You took on a murderer? You could have been hurt. Didn’t you think about –?“

Lois’s touch on his arm deepened and she smiled serenely. “See, I *told* you your powers would be very handy.”
clap

She was grinning that ‘I know something’ grin.
Pregnant?

“Go on,” he said, knowing it was something good. Something better than good. “Tell me.”

“You’re going to be a father.”
clap Corrina that was an awesome story. Thanks for the great ride and Merry Christmas!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.