If you're thinking Kal-El (and we are even if they aren't because they haven't even heard that name yet), then the natural alternatives are Calvin or Caleb. Caleb is actually a popular name in some American circles these days. Biblical names for boys are making a comeback.

BTW, I knew someone who used to work summers waiting tables at a church-owned campground. She said you could always tell the week that the missionaries had their conference because the moms would yell to call the kids for dinner: Rachel! Sarah! Rebecca! Abigail! Nehemiah! Micah! Daniel! You get the idea.

For the unitiated, Caleb and Joshua were the only two of their generation who were allowed to enter the promised land. The Isrealites had to wander around the wilderness for forty years until everyone else over the age of twenty (at the beginning=sixty at the end) died out. And, just for the record, whereas Joshua is the Hebrew form of Jesus (which is the Greek form) and means The LORD Saves, Caleb means....wait for it.....Dog.

P.S. And while we're on the subject of Biblical names, yours (which is also mine, Michelle) means Who Is Like God? It's a rhetorical question. wink

And yes, Clark's picture is on the book jacket, and all over the place, but, since this is the same world in which no one connects Superman with half of The Hottest Team in Town, I maintain that the entire population of this world suffers from some kind of facial recognition deficiency. huh

This *is* my happily ever after.